Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    This is exactly the way my fears and panic manifest! I'm zooming down the freeway in the right lane bc I'm too petrified to be in the fast lane and I'm going a bit slower than everyone else bc I am terrified. I can't look away to change lanes bc I feel dizzy and stuck. I try the radio, opening the window, rolling it back up, cleaning the wind shield and playing with the wiper fluid. Ultimately a breathing technique called 4-7-8 is extremely helpful. If I begin the breathing technique as soon as I get in the car it's been warding off the panic. Praying. Positive affirmations. Basically anything that keeps my mind off the Damn highway is a godsend

Cool

if you were to recommend only one supplement what would it be? I have very little money but I am very interested in the herbal method ...thank you!

Hi PanicCured.

You're such an inspiration! I'm an anxiety coach who is looking for stories like yours. I'm creating a blog that will highlight inspirational stories on people healing. I would love to interview you. Please contact me if you're interested. I'm on Facebook at martita.robinson or you can always PM or leave a message on my wall. Thank you so much!!

---Martita

Quote Originally Posted by Scillaflower View Post
    if you were to recommend only one supplement what would it be? I have very little money but I am very interested in the herbal method ...thank you!
    I would recommend you google Apple Cider Vinegar as a supplement hard to believe!) And how it relates to leaky gut, often causing anxiety/depression symptoms. I think the leaky gut can be caused from the stress that the anxiety is a test of. Meditation is HUGE for anxiety, it's free, the more minutes we practice it each day, the more anxiety can decrease

I say for anxiety, Chamomile tea daily ritual, and Eastern Essentials Calm and Relaxed formula, Passion Flower Extract, and whatever else you can afford. Chamomile tea prepared the way I suggested really is just something you should be drinking.

ANXIETY, Somebody help me!! Author: Sara Burillo.
    EXCELLENT!!! Fully Recommended! This book saved me... What book saved you?

have anyone tried magnesium chloride? I've heard it works pretty well..

There's a lot of information here for me to process, but I'm particularly curious about a couple of things mentioned (which actually might not be the main points of the original post).

1) What is the concern with taking Vitamin B supplements with anxiety? I understand that B-12 may be beneficial for depression. I've been taking vitamin B supplements for a while now.

2) Why breath through your nose? I admit, I've been a mouth breather all my life. I would love to not be a mouth breather, if I can control it. Just curious about the connections to anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
    There's a lot of information here for me to process, but I'm particularly curious about a couple of things mentioned (which actually might not be the main points of the original post).

1) What is the concern with taking Vitamin B supplements with anxiety? I understand that B-12 may be beneficial for depression. I've been taking vitamin B supplements for a while now.

2) Why breath through your nose? I admit, I've been a mouth breather all my life. I would love to not be a mouth breather, if I can control it. Just curious about the connections to anxiety.
    1) B Vitamins simulate the nerves. In what way exactly I am not sure. But B supplements can over stimulate one with anxiety since anxiety sufferers are ultra sensitive. B Vitamins in food is fine. You need to take out all of the things that cause over stimulation. Calcium and B Vitamins supplements should be removed. In food these are good! After your anxiety calms down, you can take B Vitamins if you want. But my personal opinion, is a healthy person does not need vitamins and can get all their nutrients in food with lots of vegetables and other nutritious foods. That is how I am, but that is only my opinion.

2) Breathing should always been done with the nose, unless strong exercise requires the mouth for many reasons. The nose breathing filters through nose hairs but also creates Nitric Oxide, an important vassal dilator. Also, if you study up on the O2/CO2 balance such as in Buteyko breathing techniques, you find that the worst thing you can do is over breathe. The nose does not allow this, while the mouth simply takes in too much O2 creating a release of too much CO2.

Read this entire page for a better explanation:

http://www.patrickmckeown.net/panic-attacks.php

Quote Originally Posted by PanicCured View Post
    1) B Vitamins simulate the nerves. In what way exactly I am not sure. But B supplements can over stimulate one with anxiety since anxiety sufferers are ultra sensitive. B Vitamins in food is fine. You need to take out all of the things that cause over stimulation. Calcium and B Vitamins supplements should be removed. In food these are good! After your anxiety calms down, you can take B Vitamins if you want. But my personal opinion, is a healthy person does not need vitamins and can get all their nutrients in food with lots of vegetables and other nutritious foods. That is how I am, but that is only my opinion.

2) Breathing should always been done with the nose, unless strong exercise requires the mouth for many reasons. The nose breathing filters through nose hairs but also creates Nitric Oxide, an important vassal dilator. Also, if you study up on the O2/CO2 balance such as in Buteyko breathing techniques, you find that the worst thing you can do is over breathe. The nose does not allow this, while the mouth simply takes in too much O2 creating a release of too much CO2.
    Thanks! I'll try cutting out my B-complex vitamin and also try to breathe through my nose more (that one will be difficult).