Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

This is exactly the way my fears and panic manifest! I'm zooming down the freeway in the right lane bc I'm too petrified to be in the fast lane and I'm going a bit slower than everyone else bc I am terrified. I can't look away to change lanes bc I feel dizzy and stuck. I try the radio, opening the window, rolling it back up, cleaning the wind shield and playing with the wiper fluid. Ultimately a breathing technique called 4-7-8 is extremely helpful. If I begin the breathing technique as soon as I get in the car it's been warding off the panic. Praying. Positive affirmations. Basically anything that keeps my mind off the Damn highway is a godsend

I was in the same exact situation plenty of times in my life. What calms me down is that I turn the AC on all the way, and I automatically call someone to talk ( in my case my mom ) . Someone who knows you suffer from anxiety. It helps, it really does calm you down while driving.

Hi elusionz, i doubt anyone can give you advise on how to ride out anxiety on the high way, if your anxiety gets that bad i dont think you should be driving as your putting yourself at risk as well as others

Thank you, great info!

anymore updates on ppl taking these supplements and the benefits? There is only a shoppers drug mart and walmart where I live so Im not too sure which of the listed supplements on page 1 would be carried there

Its been two months now that I have been using PanicCured recommended list and It has worked for me.
    I found most of them at my local WalMart,but I have found that by going to a vitamin store that specializes in vitamins and supplements
    you will get a higher quality and dosage.
    I have also started taking other vitamins and supplements to boost/increase energy.
    and have changed what I eat and drink
    no more junk food, fast food, beer,soda,coffee. for me lol
    Last edited by notmyself2066; 07-14-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by notmyself2066 View Post
    Its been two months now that I have been using PanicCured recommended list and It has worked for me.
    I found most of them at my local WalMart,but I have found that by going to a vitamin store that specializes in vitamins and supplements
    you will get a higher quality and dosage.
    I have also started taking other vitamins and supplements to boost/increase energy.
    and have changed what I eat and drink
    no more junk food, fast food, beer,soda,coffee. for me lol
    Which ones did you find at Walmart? I just got back from Walmart 5 minutes ago. You can pm me if you want. The only stuff I found was herbal relax and sleep which has 50mg valerian extract (equivalent to 200mg raw herb whatever that means) 25mg hops extract, 25mg passionflower extract( equavlebt to 100mg raw herb). Citrate magnesium 150mg, Webber naturals super calm which contains 112mg rhodiola, 50mg suntgeanine L theanine, 25mg pantothentic acid, pharma gaba. I didn’t find passionflower, but will buy vitamin d next time. Also what did you use as a replacement for eastern essentials? I’m thinking about getting some amino acids but no idea what at Walmart

While natural supplements do help, each person is different. What OP have suggested worked best for him but it does not mean everyone should take the same route. Try each supplement first then consider combining with additional supplements.

Natural remedies can cause problems and they may arise from interactions with other products. Please be advised of this.

Don't listen to Dyinu. Listen to me! My methods will work for almost anybody. Go read any book on anxiety and they say the same stuff I say. Nobody gets serious side effects from the supplements I mentioned at the proper dosage. Go to a hospital ER one night and ask how many people are in here for supplement and tell me what they say. This guy is just spreading fear based on BS he has no idea what he is talking about. And again, supplements will supplement your recovery, is not ALL you need to do. They will assist you greatly on your journey, but nothing will take place of the true work you need to do on yourself and the bad habits you will need to change. People are so quick to pop pharmaceuticals and then when it comes to legal herbs you can buy at a store without a prescription people get all wrapped up in fear. It's ridiculous!

If you are stuck in the anxiety cycle and you can't get out of it, read my 3 sticky threads and follow them as I described for 1 week, and test the methods out for yourself. But you will see, a lot of what I do is point people in the right direction for them to learn how to heal themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicCured View Post
    Don't listen to Dyinu. Listen to me! My methods will work for almost anybody. Go read any book on anxiety and they say the same stuff I say. Nobody gets serious side effects from the supplements I mentioned at the proper dosage. Go to a hospital ER one night and ask how many people are in here for supplement and tell me what they say. This guy is just spreading fear based on BS he has no idea what he is talking about. And again, supplements will supplement your recovery, is not ALL you need to do. They will assist you greatly on your journey, but nothing will take place of the true work you need to do on yourself and the bad habits you will need to change. People are so quick to pop pharmaceuticals and then when it comes to legal herbs you can buy at a store without a prescription people get all wrapped up in fear. It's ridiculous!

If you are stuck in the anxiety cycle and you can't get out of it, read my 3 sticky threads and follow them as I described for 1 week, and test the methods out for yourself. But you will see, a lot of what I do is point people in the right direction for them to learn how to heal themselves.
    Can I ask what credentials you have?
    You seem to be very offended by me, but for what?

I am not trying to make people to stay away from supplements, I simply stated that it'd be at best interest to be informed about what you are taking in your body. Supplements can help greatly but it varies from a person to person and that's a fact.

Realistically speaking most of these herbal supplements aren't FDA approved and are not heavily regulated either.

If anything please ask your doctor before taking supplements especially if you are taking anti-depressants or other medicine at the same time.