Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I don't necessarily believe that supplements DON'T work, I'm sure there's some truth to them, but I was talking to my friend today who thinks they are the absolute dumbest thing on the planet. He did bring up a good point: If supplements worked so well and could be a "definitive cure" as you say, then why aren't drug companies investing and making billions off of them? I didn't really know how to respond because he had a real valid point. Chamomile tea does somewhat work for me though. I'll definitely try the supplements, I don't think they're going to harm me, but what would be your response to previous statement?

Not sure the expensive supplements I bought have made a difference so not going to spend money again. I may not have given them long enough to work but so expensive. I am keeping up with multi vitamins and also D3 but a cheaper version.

Hey, I just started taking Sam-e and Magnesium in the morning based on research I have done. I still need to carry klonipin in my pocket as a safety net, but does anyone have an opinion on these two drugs? Also I am taking a Testosterone gel to raise my low testosterone? Can this have an effect on my anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by oohnana24 View Post
    Hey, I just started taking Sam-e and Magnesium in the morning based on research I have done. I still need to carry klonipin in my pocket as a safety net, but does anyone have an opinion on these two drugs? Also I am taking a Testosterone gel to raise my low testosterone? Can this have an effect on my anxiety?
    Not sure on the testosterone effecting anxiety but please keep us updated with your results! I have made good progress with magnesium but never tried sam-e. Im curious to see how it works for you.

Nf, I will keep you posted. I just learned yesterday that both pills should be taken together in the morning on empty stomach so I started doing that, we will see.

My anxiety doesn't seem to be as bad as some people's on here. I have never vomited from it, nor gone to hospital, nor been confined to my house. That being said, it is still ruining my life. I have been a care-free easy going guy, who has always been very sociable. I don't date, because I am afraid I will mess something up. I feel people are judging me all the time, which I never used to care about. But the odd thing is that some days I will be perfectly fine, actually I will feel I am on top of the world.
    I think I have a seratonin problem of sorts. I took a lot of acid and ecstacy during a two year period about 10 years ago and think I am paying for it now. I stumbled upon this problem called Histadelia. I believe everybody should research this Histadelia. I am treating it with Sam-e and Magnesium as I have said earlier and I hope this regulates the releasing of my excessive histamine therefore regulating my serotonin and dopamine levels. Because my brain is terrible remembering things and I have trouble focusing, I can't fully remember the complete ins and outs of Histadelia. Is anyone familiar with this?

ok, so I have been taking Magnesium and Sam-e for about a month and a half now and my overall mood is better but I still suffer from anticipatory anxiety and I am afraid it is getting worse. I doubled the Sam-e dose to 800 mg a day last week but I am still not better. I am debating going on Lexipro as my doctor gave me a prescription just in case I decide to take it. I am going to see my psychologist this week, but he is an idiot, and tell him my problems. I am sick and tired of this anxiety. Please advise or comment

This is what I don't understand. I listed the supplements to take on this thread, yet the supplements you guys are discussing,. is not what I listed. Have you first tried my recommendations? Did you even try the Eastern Essentials Calm and Relaxed that I keep hollering about?

What are we actually trying to do here:
    1) Calm anxiety NOW
    2) Create long term benefit to get rid of anxiety for good

Right?

We don't just want a natural version of Klonopin, which is a temporary band-aid not a long term solution. I really believe Magnesium Glycinate 600- 800 mg a day is very good for calming and nourishing the nervous system in people with anxiety. It is not a dug, it is a mineral in food naturally, but with a supplement you can get a more concentrated amount to deliver better results. Vitamin D 3 is very important as people do not get enough sun in general. 2000- 5000 IU of Vitamin D3 a day I recommend. If you really do get good sun exposure then maybe you don't need the Vitamin D3 on that day. This stuff really isn't an exact science and you have to use your intuition a bit.

But what about an herbal formula made of many different herbs in an incredible mixture to help calm you instantly, while at the same time offer a true long term solution re-nourishing you so anxiety isn't triggered so easily? I have recommended Calm and Relaxed by Eastern Essentials for at least 2 years now. The guy who created the formula explains it way better than I can. If you read what he says on the website you will get what he is trying to do here, and is so aligned with my opinions on how to cure anxiety. Check it out here: http://www.easternessentials.com/sto...laxed-formula/

But these supplements need to be coupled with you healing yourself. Supplementing the weakness, deficiencies and rebalancing using herbs, is so great and important, but you are in the driver's seat. A therapist can help you and is highly recommended. I was going twice a week. Buteyko breathing helped me tremendously and readjusting my CO2/ O2 balance by breathing through my nose and learning to not hyperventilate. In my "Techniques I used to Overcome My Anxiety Disorder I listed so many things I did, that you can see just how many healing modalities are out there. Please read what I wrote there for inspiration and pick what you think may work for you.

But I attribute my success to me always moving forward and always pushing myself to get past anxiety and always knowing 100% that it would eventually be overcome. Doctors look at disease and disorder in a certain way. They see it all as chemicals to manipulate with drugs that have side effects while never creating a long term solution. They do not believe or even think of true healing. A drug can't cure you, because when you stop taking the drug. you are back where you started. Curing means you finally do not need anything at all. This is done by creating a true healing process, and you must give yourself time. Doctors only care their test results are within their "normal range". When you need drugs and doctors then use them, but the cure is up to you. ow you think, how you live your life, sleep, exercise, eat, etc. is so important. DO NOT CATER TO YOUR ANXIETY! OVERCOME IT DO NOT SURRENDER TO IT! But Rome was not built in a day. If you want to be saved then you better save yourself.

good advice Panic.......thank you

I just received the Eastern Essentials "Calm and Relaxed" pills in the mail. I just took six of them tonight. Has anybody else tried these pills and, if so, have they worked? I can only find five reviews for this formula and they are only on Amazon. I'll be sure to document my recovery in the event that these pills have any real effect.

Yes testosterone can increase feelings of anxiety! It is the hormone that both sexes make that give us energy, sex drive, and yes heightened aggression/irritability at times. Please Google the use of testosterone and discuss with your physician