Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    While natural supplements do help, each person is different. What OP have suggested worked best for him but it does not mean everyone should take the same route. Try each supplement first then consider combining with additional supplements.

Natural remedies can cause problems and they may arise from interactions with other products. Please be advised of this.

Don't listen to Dyinu. Listen to me! My methods will work for almost anybody. Go read any book on anxiety and they say the same stuff I say. Nobody gets serious side effects from the supplements I mentioned at the proper dosage. Go to a hospital ER one night and ask how many people are in here for supplement and tell me what they say. This guy is just spreading fear based on BS he has no idea what he is talking about. And again, supplements will supplement your recovery, is not ALL you need to do. They will assist you greatly on your journey, but nothing will take place of the true work you need to do on yourself and the bad habits you will need to change. People are so quick to pop pharmaceuticals and then when it comes to legal herbs you can buy at a store without a prescription people get all wrapped up in fear. It's ridiculous!

If you are stuck in the anxiety cycle and you can't get out of it, read my 3 sticky threads and follow them as I described for 1 week, and test the methods out for yourself. But you will see, a lot of what I do is point people in the right direction for them to learn how to heal themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicCured View Post
    Don't listen to Dyinu. Listen to me! My methods will work for almost anybody. Go read any book on anxiety and they say the same stuff I say. Nobody gets serious side effects from the supplements I mentioned at the proper dosage. Go to a hospital ER one night and ask how many people are in here for supplement and tell me what they say. This guy is just spreading fear based on BS he has no idea what he is talking about. And again, supplements will supplement your recovery, is not ALL you need to do. They will assist you greatly on your journey, but nothing will take place of the true work you need to do on yourself and the bad habits you will need to change. People are so quick to pop pharmaceuticals and then when it comes to legal herbs you can buy at a store without a prescription people get all wrapped up in fear. It's ridiculous!

If you are stuck in the anxiety cycle and you can't get out of it, read my 3 sticky threads and follow them as I described for 1 week, and test the methods out for yourself. But you will see, a lot of what I do is point people in the right direction for them to learn how to heal themselves.
    Can I ask what credentials you have?
    You seem to be very offended by me, but for what?

I am not trying to make people to stay away from supplements, I simply stated that it'd be at best interest to be informed about what you are taking in your body. Supplements can help greatly but it varies from a person to person and that's a fact.

Realistically speaking most of these herbal supplements aren't FDA approved and are not heavily regulated either.

If anything please ask your doctor before taking supplements especially if you are taking anti-depressants or other medicine at the same time.

Oh no here we go again.

Quote Originally Posted by elusionz View Post
    PanicCured,

Thank you for your contributions to this forum. I have a question for you. I suffer from panic disorder that is triggered especially when I am on the highway. In some of the coping guides mentioned on this forum, it states that we should sit and do nothing, and ride out the anxiety. I am having trouble accepting this approach because when I am on the highway with no immediate way to escape, it is very hard to sit and do nothing when my panic starts to peak. And what I mean by peak is that it becomes so bad that my face goes numb, I lose my ability to focus on the road, my heart races, and I become very lightheaded and dizzy. This is extremely scary and puts me in a dangerous situation with fast cars moving all around me. I feel like riding out the anxiety may cause me to have an accident. Simply getting off the highway becomes a challenge because I have trouble turning my head to change lanes when the dizziness is bad. The whole thing is debilitating, and I am desperate to do something about this. I've seen a psychologist 6 times, and so far this forum seems to offer more techniques than the therapist has. I know this is all about retraining my mind and using exposure to overcome my fears, but how do I do so when my life is at risk? I cannot simply relax during a panic attack as if I was sitting in a chair at my desk. Do you have any advice for me? It would be much appreciated. I will be starting the natural supplement regimen you stated.
    Hello Elusionz,

Have you tried distracting yourself while on the freeway? I still have small panic attacks while driving, although they are way less frequent and rough these days. If I feel a panic attack creeping up these days, I immediately cranck up the volume of the radio and just start singing along (even though I can't sing AT ALL!)
    This technique has really helped me getting on top of my driving fears. My problem was that I was too focussed on all the things that could go wrong while on the freeway, if you manage to pull your mind away from those thoughts, the panic attack also goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyinu View Post
    Can I ask what credentials you have?
    You seem to be very offended by me, but for what?

I am not trying to make people to stay away from supplements, I simply stated that it'd be at best interest to be informed about what you are taking in your body. Supplements can help greatly but it varies from a person to person and that's a fact.

Realistically speaking most of these herbal supplements aren't FDA approved and are not heavily regulated either.

If anything please ask your doctor before taking supplements especially if you are taking anti-depressants or other medicine at the same time.
    Your information is wrong and you are not helping. You are making people have anxiety about supplements when they do not need to. Leave them alone. You do not know what you are saying. I purposefully picked the supplements I recommended because they are helpful and because they are safe. A doctor you do not need to ask about taking herbs since no doctor has any idea about them. You are just wrong! Stop polluting my threads with your fears. You have no proof that any of the supplements I recommended have ever caused anyone harm ever! You think a doctor knows these supplements I recommended? Give me a break!

I've experienced a lasting relief from symptoms by using BioSuperfoods f2 formula. I hope it can work for someone else. It gives a great sense of well being that has been lacking most of my life.

I also do not make money or get any endorsements on any of these products.

you should be strong to face anexiety

I believe that herbal remedies and essential oils can work for you as long as make sure they are right for you and do not react badly with any medication you are taking.
    I have booked a free 30 minute session with a naturalife man today to discuss herbal remedies for the menopause. Although warned it might become a hard sale, I am hoping to learn something more than know about this, and will try what advises if can with meds on.
    Want to give my new meds chance to work before go completely herbal as did 3 years ago, which worked for a while and then stopped working drastically and had to go back to meds.
    As someone has said we are all individuals and not same works for everyone.

Saw nutritionist and no hard sale at all.
    He has told me I need vitamin D3 I need and an inflammatory vitamin tablet too to help with stomach/hormones. Also if want to a multi vitamin tablet which is good once I have stopped the one I take from tesco.
    He also advised me to stop using Oats so Simple with diet sugar, but use proper rolled oats n the microwave with milk topped with berries or a tablespoon of linseed seeds and agare syrup. He said no fruit juice just water but could drink green tea (like I usually drink). He said this would last me all morning.
    He said I must have protein with every meal and he said what I was eating was good and that the tablets have made my weight go up badly.
    For menopause he particularly recommended eating tofu and miso soup and sauerkraut - he said soya was good for it.
    He did not expect me to buy anything in his shop today and said nothing he had suggested would mess up my tablets but that I could wait and see if Dr has checked my D3 level if wanted before I bought the tablets.
    He said I should come off the two pain killers and omeprazole for my knees asap because the Omeprazole will be preventing me taking in vitamins and nutrients.
    He said to go back in three months time after trying what he had suggested for the menopause and then he will suggest things to help with my head.

Really impressed totally free and seemed to know his field and no power sale. Definitely going to try what he suggested and will meet him again in 3 months' time.