Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: I'm new.

I'm new.

I've been managing (to a certain extent) my emotions for some time now, 4 years to be precise is when I started feeling depressed it's evolved itself into a part of me since then.
    I've been self diagnosed by my friends with borderline personality disorder, personally I think they just want it as an excuse to forgive me for everything I do. But recently I've been finding it harder to cope, I've self harmed in the past and I dont want to go back to that but its getting harder to not give in.
    I guess I just really need somewhere, anywhere to put my thoughts and to know other people feel the same.

Open up to us if you wish.

I have been depressed for a long time and if you are like me can't talk to family members. This site is good you can find people to talk to who don't judge you. It really is good to talk to people

Thanks. Its kind of nice knowing theres people here who feel the same.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Even the worst emotions don't last forever.

B-Girl, when you said you've harmed yourself in the past, I didn't know if you meant that you've attempted suicide or if you've tried to cut yourself but not tried suicide.

Many self-cutters don't feel comfortable expressing themselves to others about how they feel verbally. So they cut themselves in order to cry out for help. If this is the case for you, B-Girl, talking to others on this forum may help to stop harming yourself.

Ive done both I tried overdosing twice and drowning myself about two/three years ago and ive got over 40 cuts on both my thighs from three /four years ago. Yeahh I guess I do still think about suicide but i've learned from those mistakes... cutting however ive found really hard to come away from but I don't want my friends to worry... I guess it more that they'll ask me not to do it than help me stop feeling like I need it.

Ive never cut where anyone can see though so really only my one friend and ex know its not really something I want anyone to see because im embarrassed. I dont know. I just dont want anyone to see.

I dont want to go back to that but its getting harder to not give in.
    I guess I just really need somewhere, anywhere to put my thoughts and to know other people feel the same.