Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Having a bad night... Pounding and racing heart, fear and worry.

Had to get out of bed because I felt out of breath and was unable to enjoy the movie I was trying to watch as a distraction.

Not exactly sure what triggered it, though I have it narrowed down to a few options.

Still not at 50mg yet, but close. Letting my fears get the best of me.

Life can be so tough. :/
    Last edited by Jinaiya; 12-10-2012 at 01:15 AM.

Annnnd again tonight. Woke up at 1:45am to my heart racing. Tried to fight it, freaked out. So here I sit, waiting it out again.

Had a really bad attack earlier this evening, but snapped out of it fairly quickly, about 15 minutes and my heart was back to 65-70bpm. I went to bed about 10 and had no trouble getting to sleep, was relaxed.

Had an attack this morning as well, I decided to go out for a power walk. This helped.

Yesterday was great for the most part, minus a couple bumps. I did sleep all night which was great.

Wondering if breakthrough anxiety like this is normal or not. I've been advised from a few people on this forum that Zoloft probably isn't the drug for me. I'm afraid to give on it and have to jump to something else... What if I'm uncurable? :/

Edit: 5 minutes later. My heart has slowed back down to mid 80. Still feeling pretty anxious though (that icky racey feeling in my chest I experience and the need to bounce my leg nervously). Hopefully I'll get some more sleep tonight in awhile. Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by Jinaiya; 12-08-2012 at 03:10 AM.

Here I am again. :/

Increased dose to 50mg (finally) this morning. Have had 2 panic attacks today. First was this morning because of racing heart and palpitations, then again while in a grocery store because I felt dizzy and like I might pass out after having a series of chest pains.

Had a nice evening, heart was relaxed, everything was great. Got into bed and read for a half hour, did the meditation, felt fairly decent, with some anxiety trying to rear its ugly head. I decided to put a movie on after the meditation. I dosed off after about 15 minutes and woke abruptly to my heart racing. I battled with this for about 2 hours until finally just giving up and coming to my computer, enough was enough.

Yesterday was rough in the morning. More heart racing. I went for a brisk walk hoping to brush it off. I did feel better by the afternoon and went to sleep without any trouble. I got a solid 8 hours of sleep. I'm seeing a lot of this pattern. Seems like one night I'll sleep great and the next I'll sleep horribly.

I'm frusterated.

Who's to say if this is the medication or my mind causing these dramatic and scary events. I'm tired of it though and wish it would just stop. Despite all the tests I've had on my heart, I often think they just overlooked something and I'm going to just collapse. I can't imagine how my heart can take this much of a beating and not just stop working. Its insane how often it races out of control, it just can't be normal or healthy for a 29 year old.

I'm scared all the time.

I feel so alone and so desperate. I just want to feel better, even if all that means is that I can get through a day without experiencing my heart race, pound, skip... I'd like very much to not have all these chest pains. I'd like very much to just feel like a normal human being. The angry, fed up part of me hopes that if its a heart problem, it'd just hurry up and happen. I'm terrified of dying and certainly don't want to die, but if I did, all of this would not matter anymore and I could quit waiting for it. It would just come, I'd die and then end of story. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suicidal and would never take my own life, I just hope that if my symptoms are medical and not mental that they hurry up and happen. This is no way to live, and its also hurting everyone around me.

Thanks for listening, I fear this is becoming more of an anxiety journal than a drug discussion and I apoligize for that. Its nice to have a place to come and vent though, knowing that whoever reads this is probably going through much of the same thing.

Take care.

- Jin
    Last edited by Jinaiya; 12-10-2012 at 01:20 AM.

2 hours later. Same shit. My chest feels almost buzzy... It's hard to explain past this. I feel kind of jittery. Sleep isn't happening.

Either this med is not the one for me or I truly do have some form of heart condition. I need to find out though and I need help. Im so so scared. This is out of control.

Calling my doctor tomorrow and getting off this med. I can't take this anymore. I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinaiya View Post
    2 hours later. Same shit. My chest feels almost buzzy... It's hard to explain past this. I feel kind of jittery. Sleep isn't happening.

Either this med is not the one for me or I truly do have some form of heart condition. I need to find out though and I need help. Im so so scared. This is out of control.

Calling my doctor tomorrow and getting off this med. I can't take this anymore. I'm done.
    Called my doctor first thing in the morning. I did not sleep at all. It was the most awful experience ever. I am switching over to Paxil, and will be decreasing the Zoloft gradually over the next few days, and then combining the two for a week at low doses.

I guess that concludes my Zoloft journal. If I experience anything while coming down from this drug, I will certainly come back and mention it. Also, this thread is open to anyone using this medication to add to it with their experiences, good or bad. I think its helpful to have as much information as possible for us as anxiety suffers. Its helps us make the right decisions and feel confident making those decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinaiya View Post

Called my doctor first thing in the morning. I did not sleep at all. It was the most awful experience ever. I am switching over to Paxil, and will be decreasing the Zoloft gradually over the next few days, and then combining the two for a week at low doses.

I guess that concludes my Zoloft journal. If I experience anything while coming down from this drug, I will certainly come back and mention it. Also, this thread is open to anyone using this medication to add to it with their experiences, good or bad. I think its helpful to have as much information as possible for us as anxiety suffers. Its helps us make the right decisions and feel confident making those decisions.
    Jinaiya... Hope ur switch to paxil works for u!! I for one would like to know how the switch goes. Plz let us know! I feel like ive been on this journey with u & as u said we need all the information we can get & know we are not alone!! Best of luck to u

Quote Originally Posted by RobinG View Post

Jinaiya... Hope ur switch to paxil works for u!! I for one would like to know how the switch goes. Plz let us know! I feel like ive been on this journey with u & as u said we need all the information we can get & know we are not alone!! Best of luck to u
    Jst a added note, for me, the sertraline has so far worked great. I started it abt 38 days ago. It was tuff to get adjusted to it ( side effects). But now at 50mg it was well worth it! And im doing good!

I'm really glad to hear that Robin!

I'll let you know what happens for sure. Right now I'm just trying to lower the Zoloft before adding the Paxil. I'm down to 25mg again.

Best of luck to you! <3