Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Day 9:

This medicine is definitely causing sleep problems for me. I have no problem getting to sleep initially, but I wake up after 2-3 hours of sleep with a panic attack. I usually wake up to my heart pounding (and beating roughly 80-85 bpm). I then have to spend a good hour or so trying to fight through my panic attack and by then I am generally wide awake. As far as day time goes, I have no complaints really. I wouldn't say I'm feeling better, but it's manageable.

I'm supposed to go up to 50mg on Friday and quite frankly I'm afraid to. What if these problems only get worse? :/

I was having major problems on zoloft.... was on 50mg.... feeling anxious, angry, stomache problems etc..... Docs suggestion up the dose.... boy was he wrong became even more anxious n crazy..... So it didn work for me. Went to dif doc got back on my reg meds citalopram and all the hyped up feelings went away. Whew! Best of luck to u

Day 10:

I am pleased to report that although I still woke up at 1am this morning, I experienced no anxiety. Instead I laid there and thought a little, eventually drifting back to sleep.

I got about 7 hours of sleep last night!!

Woohoo!

Glad to hear u got sleep!! My 10th day also, my anxiety/panic is subsiding alot! My mood up & head much more clear!!! Yay!!!

I am on day number 15 of Zoloft and today was the best I have felt, still have some anxiety but seems to have to started to work alittle. I am starting have my appetite back and I slept for a good 6 hours last night, which is better than 2 or 1. Looking forward to see how to goes from here

Day 12:

I write this as I am having a severe anxiety attack. I have been having trouble sleeping all night because my heart is racing. At the moment symptoms are: Heart racing (although it has slowed a little - probably about 85 down from 100), some little chest pains, sweaty feet, lightheadedness, stomach ache, mild headache.

This was my first night with the dose up to 50mg. I took it at 10, went to bed at 11. I woke up at 12:30 to my heart racing and pounding which immediately started a panic attack. Fell back to sleep 2 hours later. I woke again at 5 to the same thing. I thought my chest felt "funny" so I checked my pulse. I have been laying in bed trying to breathe, trying to picture something nice, and distract myself with a movie. My heart continues to race even after I am relaxed (I'll check 10 minutes later), which causes me to worry again. I am having thoughts like "What if I'm having a bad reaction", "What if I'm allergic", "What if I couldn't handle 50mg and am overdosing"... I'll then say things like "It's okay, same old nonsense"... "But what if it's not?!"

10 minutes later. Heart rate is 85, still bouncing my leg nervously (a habit I have gotten into), sweaty feet subsiding, still feel afraid. Had a couple more chest pains. I feel so tired.

This is such a drag because last night and the night before I did mostly fine sleeping. I did wake up both nights but was able to get back to sleep within 30 minutes and experienced no anxiety.

Guess I'm back to square one. I hope I can handle the medication... For now I feel really scared, tired and generally awful.
    Last edited by Jinaiya; 12-10-2012 at 01:21 AM.

Jinaiya hope u will b feeling better, it sure seems to come & go, the anxiety etc i mean. Mine has as well today is my day 12, zoloft, i didnt sleep well last nite. Im grateful for ur post & others, its really help me realize im not alone w this stuff. Thank u. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinG View Post
    Jinaiya hope u will b feeling better, it sure seems to come & go, the anxiety etc i mean. Mine has as well today is my day 12, zoloft, i didnt sleep well last nite. Im grateful for ur post & others, its really help me realize im not alone w this stuff. Thank u. Best of luck.
    *hugs* May we come out of this feeling better soon.

Will NOT be taking the 50mg again tonight. Back to 25mg until I see my doctor on Monday. Last night and today have been way too hard.

So I took the 25mg last night. Hopefully I'll be down from this horrible trip soon.

Last night was easily the worst night of my life as far as anxiety is concerned. I was emotional, crying one minute, calm the next. Anxiety coming at me from all directions.

Then came bedtime. I could not get comfortable. If I had blankets I felt overheated and sweaty. Without them I shivered. Had sweats and chills all night. Nausea on and off.

30 minutes after I first laid down, I suddenly felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest. I was terrified and paced about the living room. Eventually I sat down because I was feeling light headed and thought I was going to pass out. I felt like I couldn't breathe properly. I felt so cold. My chest felt cold and "nervous" (best word I can think of). It was like having butterflies in the stomach, except this was in my chest.

Called a friend and calmed down after 30 minutes. Went to lay down, but just couldn't... too anxious. This went on for about 2 hours, trying to lay down every 30 minutes or so. Finally at about 1:00am I was able to keep myself calm enough to stay down. Unfortunately sleep was not going to happen. I may have dozed for 15 minutes here and there but I didn't sleep last night overall. Mostly just laid there with my eyes closed trying to relax.

I hope I don't end up frightening some poor person coming on here looking for a positive out look on this medication. If you are that person, allow me to please tell you that every medication is different for every person. Some will work really well for you, and others do not. Even though I feel crummy, I don't regret trying Zoloft. I needed to make a change in my life, and I knew it was possible I may not react well with this drug, BUT it's just as possible that this drug can help me feel better. My logical side knows I am safe from harm and this will pass. I also am keeping in mind that I was starting to feel mostly okay 2 days ago on the 25mg dose, if this drug was really bad for me, I'd probably not have been feeling okay at any point. Maybe the jump to 50mg was just too much for my overexcited body. I have a doctors appt tomorrow so I'll be able to check in and see what she thinks is the best move for me.

Thanks to everyone who is following this. I hope you have a safe and happy day.