Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: A haircut

A haircut

I'm afraid to get a haircut how messed up is that? I've let my hair grow long because I do want to donate it at some point. I kind of like it long so I might keep it long a while but I would like to get an inch or 2 off. I can go in and get my bangs trimmed or waxing done as long as there is a short to no wait.

I do not want to take a Xanax for a haircut. I'm trying to get out there more but need some support suggestions and help! Thank

Quote Originally Posted by becki View Post
    I'm afraid to get a haircut how messed up is that? I've let my hair grow long because I do want to donate it at some point. I kind of like it long so I might keep it long a while but I would like to get an inch or 2 off. I can go in and get my bangs trimmed or waxing done as long as there is a short to no wait.

I do not want to take a Xanax for a haircut. I'm trying to get out there more but need some support suggestions and help! Thank
    Not sure why this post doesn't show up on the threads. I'm new so maybe that's it!

Hey Becki,

I wish I could send some courage your way but I'm short on it myself. I've been trying to get a haircut for 3 years! That's my first project when I get out of my self-made prison. Thank god my husband does some barbering and cuts it for me (kinda) or I'd look like BigFoot! Good Luck and remember you're giving your hair to a good cause. I'll be rooting for you.

Fraidy

Change, no matter how big or small can be scary. I remember when i had to get rid of the dreads i'd had for 7 years cos my hair was thinning. A lot of denial and a hard decision but I did it in the end. Not that it made much difference, hair thinning continued. Anxiety n stress probably hasn't helped xD

Ed