Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Wondering if someone can help me make sense of this?

Hi!

My name is Kim and I'm 20 years old.Ever since I can remember I suffered really badly with anxiety and constant worrying.It is worse when I'm on my own and certain people can calm it down fairly quickly.I also have a history of OCD and disordered eating.

My anxiety tends to worsen in social situations or I have to make a decision quickly and a lot of pressure is put on me.I feel my heart racing and I can't process my thoughts properly,this also worsens my asthma.

I'm not sure if your family background can affect anxiety.However,I was bought up in a single parent family and have never met my Dad.I have always been a perfectionist as I never wanted to disappoint my mum,who had many problems with me due to me being born at 6 months.

I would say the biggest thing affecting my anxiety now is my job.I clean a restaurant after hours for a few hours in the evening (by myself) It is an old building and at this time of the year it gets dark really quick.I often start rushing my job just to get home quicker gettting more and more anxious but then feeling I am not doing my job properly and then constantly checking things over and over again e.g light switches off/no dust etc....which takes up so much of my time! >

My fiance works there during the day and I was considering asking him to just sit in the restaurant and read or talk to me etc.. just so I can build my confidence.He is aware of my anxiety issues and I feel like this would help me manage them.?

Sounds like a good idea to me, small comforts equal huge results, plus it's nice to have someone around.
    Every lasting scar shows us what it's taken to be who we are.

Little, have you met with a doc or counselor to discuss all this? You seem to be a bit obsessive(like many of us) and often that responds to an SSRI as does anxiety. I'm glad you seem to grasp exactly how this all effects you and how you feel. That's good as it will help you help yourself. PM me any time. Alankay

Thank you everyone!

Well he came with me and just sat down whilst I did my work,it definitely calmed me down and helped me think clearer.I am arranging with my Dr to speak to a counselor and I have also been speaking to a therapist who is trying to help me get to the bottom of this! I'm also thinking of trying meditation or something to bring down my anxiety as soon as i get an attack of it.

Thank you once again!