Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I think it is most important that we focus on ourselves and learn how to counter the thoughts that cause our problems in the TEA forms more than concern ourselves with what type of people we hang with. AS long as we look at things clearly and objectively they don't have to bother us.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachgirl
    I think it is most important that we focus on ourselves and learn how to counter the thoughts that cause our problems in the TEA forms more than concern ourselves with what type of people we hang with. AS long as we look at things clearly and objectively they don't have to bother us.
    I would have to agree. Well put

I agree with Beach's post above about focusing on ourselves is most important. Certainly surrounding yourself with positive people is a good move, but only when we learn to turn our thinking around by countering our thoughts in TEA forms until they become our new way of thinking all the positive people in the world won't be able to eliminate the anxiety we experience.

hi,

I've had social anxiety for 5 years now and Gosh, there has been plenty of ups and downs all the way..

The only thing that I have managed to learn is that panic attacks, fear, worries can all be controlled. No matter if you are in crowded bus, a mall, or isolated on an island. All these emotions can be controlled.

Of course certain medications can help but not on the long run, they're simply a short time relief from all the anxiety and fear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for all the kudos everyone. The more time we put into helping ourselves the faster and deeper the results we receive. That's why even though I am feeling great I still do the TEA form exercise.

Hi , I am new on this site . I was wondering what is meant by a tea form ? :?

Hi Wim,

It's the wonderful thought countering exercise popularized in the CBT book by Sam Obitz. They really are helpful if you take the time to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by precious007
    Of course certain medications can help but not on the long run, they're simply a short time relief from all the anxiety and fear.
    Great point!

Quote Originally Posted by wim
    Hi , I am new on this site . I was wondering what is meant by a tea form ? :?
    Welcome
    I see you were already answered. They have helped me a lot :mrgreen:

Have you given them a try wim?