Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    YW Beachgirl

Anytime How are you doing?

FWIW, I have continued doing my TEA forms since my group ended and I feel like I am still making more progress with them and feeling great

Great job trackstar. I'm glad you are feeling better!

thx and I am. How are you doing now? Still good I hope.

I'm doing swell, thank you for asking :P
    Sorry I have not posted lately but been really busy with life recently and kinda selfishly indulging too many of my latest whims.
    I'm still doing my Tea forms and suggest you keep at them too. They really do help keep my life and emotions on more of an even keel.
    Let me know what's new with you when you see this reply :tongue:

1 accept it
    2 postive thinking
    3 fight it eg (go to places where your akward)
    4 Drink water!!!
    5 Have a hobbby (sport) etc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was in a cbt group and the tea form exercise from the book by sam obitz helps a lot if you commit to them. Once you get to the root of the problem (your inaccurate thoughts) and stay on top of them you will feel so much better.

Actually, contrary to popular belief, it is better to mix with the positive crowd than hanging out with another anxiety sufferer. That's what my therapist told me. Having a group is good but hanging out together might not be a great answer in helping you overcoming your anxiety.

A new positive friend will gear you towards seeing things in a positive way. So it will greatly help you if you hang out with another anxiety sufferer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I see your point but disagree with most of it. I always gravitated towards positive people but it did me no good. But just because people are stricken with anxiety or depression does not mean they are not positive people. They tend to be hard on themselves but usually are positive about everyone else. In addition being in a CBT group with everyone working to get better you get to see some start benefiting from the treatment before you do which gives the rest of the group hope and lifts everyone up- at least that's how it was in my group and quite common according to the therapist who lead our group.