Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Xanax

Both!!! How is school going?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Storper
    Xanax is very addictive I'd advise you to be very careful.
    I'm not on Xanax anymore. But thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried
    Both!!! How is school going?
    I don't have school today. It's a day for seniors to do "job shadowing" so I'm just doing all of my makeup work since its due Friday. My stress hasn't been that bad lately. Work definitely helped, I love everyone I work with and it's an enjoyable part time job. Thanks for asking though!

Tell us about what you do! =)

Ate you sure Paxil didn't help in making you feel better?

Well I work at Walgreens and I just like my job so much. My managers and co workers are just great people that can always make you smile. They all sent me a huge card that I got in the mail yesterday and it said they hope I get better and everyone signed it!

And as for the Paxil I'm not really sure. I mean it probably did help a little bit but I don't think it helped that much. Idk.

That was very nice of them. I'm sure they wouldn't have done that unless they cared for you. See? People seem to like you, Chance... ;-)

Yeah, and I'm so thankful for those people. Earlier today I read some of my earlier posts and I just want to apologize for what I said and how I sounded. I realize now that I probably seemed psycho to you all and I just want to say sorry and let you all know how I feel. Thank you so much for being here with me 100% of the time. It makes a huge difference.

Don't apologize. We've all been there, Chance. I certainly have. That's what we're here for.

When is your next appointment, and how are things with your dad?

Don't you dare apologise!!!

You're young, you're anxious and you had a massive adverse reaction to Xanax.

If you're aren't feeling worse, I guess that the Paxil is working. It should take 2-3 months to reach full potency. It's a very good antidepressant for anxiety - most importantly, unlike Benzos like Xanax, it's going to help you work through the anxiety, rather than just blocking it out.

Sometimes you need to feel those bad emotions and learn to deal with them. At least once a day, I'll feel panic onset, but I know the symptoms and know they can't hurt me and I guess I'm used to it.

Good on you for getting back into work and school. Try to treat your body well; eat well, get sleep and don't go crazy with the caffiene.

I wish at times that I could block out the anxiety and just get things done. For example, since I was out for a few weeks I had to make up a project for my government class. Tuesday my teacher told me that my project was due Friday. So today in class (Thursday) my teacher called my name out and asked if I had my project. I said no because I was planning on bringing my project on the day it was due. And due to my anxiety I have a huge problem talking to my teachers especially during class. At this point I'd rather take a 0 than ask the teacher for another day and then have to present it in front of the whole class. I honestly don't know what to do. Can someone help me out!? 😫