Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbed
    Quote Originally Posted by trackstar
    But it would be nice if the psychiatric association or some mental health org could get the message out so there were more alternative messages out there to compete with the pharm industry.
    Why would they? Psychiatry, in case you didn't know, is ALL ABOUT the treatment of mental health problems with medications. Contrary to popular belief, psychiatrists seldom (if ever) do therapy. It's not their job. After all, they are medical doctors. And telling people to do therapy rather than (and not in addition to) taking medications would basically amount to talking themselves out of a job.
    My bad, you are right. Now I feel dumb but I meant well. Maybe one of the psychology associations that are not MD's could do this.

I knew where you were trying to go trackstar and i agree with you but I don't think there is anyone with the money to get that message out.

hi there

i found medication useful to a certain degree is easing slightly the anxiety

whil i went to various therapists to look for a healing solution

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfspirt1
    hi there

Good for you Wolfspirit. I don't think all meds are bad but the way they are sold as the only alternative. I'm glad you are feeling better

Quote Originally Posted by wolfspirt1
    hi there

I think you are taking the right approach wolfspirit1. I do believe meds can be useful if used properly and with a therapy that teaches you coping skills like CBT. I hope you are having success.

Quote Originally Posted by tmays
    I knew where you were trying to go trackstar and i agree with you but I don't think there is anyone with the money to get that message out.
    Thanks. I still think the more we do to fight the pharm industry the better even if we don't have the money to fight them.

Thanks. I still think the more we do to fight the pharm industry the better even if we don't have the money to fight them.
    So true. Like so many good things in life CBT gets lost in all the marketing being done by the meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachgirl
    So true. Like so many good things in life CBT gets lost in all the marketing being done by the meds.
    You guys are preaching to the choir as they say. Keep up the good work and don't let the pharm industry control the message for their profit and peoples losses.

At least we are putting the opposing view out there... As they say if this post helps just one person it will have been worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Beachgirl
    At least we are putting the opposing view out there... As they say if this post helps just one person it will have been worth it
    I couldn't agree more. We gotta keep fighting the good fight