Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Anyone out there quitting benzos

Ive been on and off benzodiazepines for about 3 years in a constant struggle to function, sleep, and exist without them. I've been through horrific withdrawals, detox, NA the works. I do have an anxiety disorder and most doctors tell me to just stay on them. But I'd like to live my life free of this crutch and I was wondering if any others out there have been down this road and if they broke free and what helped them. I know the usual suggestions exercise, yoga, acupuncture, nutrition but even employing all these methods I still find myself in a constant psychological withdrawal. Maybe not the right forum but I figured a lot of people on here might have similar experiences.

I'm trying to get away from benzos too. I quit taking SSRIs (Lexapro) around 4 months ago. I recently started taking a bunch of herbal supplements and diet changes prescribed from my naturopath. I will update you with any relief that I experience from any of them- non so far. I am planning on doing some serious CBT work and I am also planning on doing EMDR. I've heard really good things about both CBT and EMDR- you should look into them. I'm sorry that I can't give you a success story yet, as I haven't done them but I'm really hoping they will provide me with some relief. I had my first panic attack at work today. Not fun.

Good luck to you and keep us updated.