Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feeling lonely

Im not sure what makes me depressed, I guess I just find it hard to seperate aspects of my life that go wrong, as in one thing upsets me and then everything just seems wrong :/

You say you have isolated yourself, Have you ever thought about moving closer to the people that make you feel less lonely?

I know its easier said than done but I really believe to get better you have to surround yourself with people you are close to or who want to spend their time with you. Let them distract you. It always makes me feel better even for the short term. Taking that first step is the hardest thing of all.

Quote Originally Posted by laura84
    I know its easier said than done but I really believe to get better you have to surround yourself with people you are close to or who want to spend their time with you
    Problem is then, that when I let myself be vulnerable I get hurt. Like one of my good friends, we have coffee every week, talk open and honestly, she just got married and had our whole friendship group as bridesmaids except for me! Didn't even try to include me (hair, nails, tans, nothing!) so much for friends hey :/

I feel like that too! As though people must be gettin fed up listening to me and my problems. Going through diffucult times makes u realise who your friends are

I can imagine how it must be hard to try and pick yourself up after that. Especially when its someone you think you can trust who sets you back. Maybe she had her reasons though, but it does sound pretty harsh to single you out like that? Doesnt mean she doesnt enjoy spending time with you?

I dunno :/ it was the hardest wedding I've ever had to go to

Just realized that there is no photo of me and her either I guess I really wasn't important enough at all! Feeling so empty right now ;(

Is there anyone else at all you feel you can trust to ask why they think you get treated this way?

Yeah my partner and my best mate (both guys) they don't understand it either. They both tell me all the time how wonderful I am and I know deep down that I am a good person :/ I think I must be too sensitive, maybe I read into the things people do...

Yeah that can cause so many problems, dwelling on things that most other people wouldnt think twice about. As much as you try not to before you know it it's back on your mind again. Vicious cycle!