Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling lonely

Feeling lonely

Not that anyone really cares, but I feel really lonely right now just can't shake this feeling...

me too. You're not alone nick....well in feeling lonely lol I play video games online...it helps a lot.

Insombiac is right a hobby is a great way to distract you from feeling lonely. Doesn't have to be video games think hard about taking something up that interests you. Even better would be a hobby that you can do with others or meet new people at. Volunteer work, sports clubs, book clubs, etc there's a lot of possibilities. Group therapy isn't for everyone but it's sure a great way to meet a lot of interesting people and best of all they understand what you're dealing with. I personally am a recovering addict I met a lot of friends in the program and we don't just go to meetings we hangout go to ball games, lunch, concerts etc. we just do it sober now haha. my point is get involved in something where you are going to meet new people trust me there's a lot of lonely people out there just like us.

The lonliness feeling is the worst. I also play some online games and i also read alot. Anything to keep my mind busy! x

I'm seriously lonely too right now. I've been trying to find local support groups so that I can meet people but it's surprisingly hard to find one. I wish we could just make a real life support group here! Too bad we all probably live in different states.

When I'm lonely, going to social clubs (for people with mental illness) such as myself can help. Many of the people at those clubs can understand how you feel, as many of them have similar issues.

Sometimes "lonely" doesn't just mean solo.. I just feel like no one really understands, that I don't have anyone I can REALLY talk to about things, like I'm just annoying people with my "nonsense"...

I feel the same way n1ck13

I'm very lonely also , it's horrible , I feel for you all & know exactally how you feel every day x

This happens a lot when I break my sleeping pattern and end up awake when most people are asleep, I live in a very central location so I keep the windows open during the day to feel like I'm part of all the goings on, but at 2 in the morning when it's dark and quiet... depression can really kick in. I decided during this time last night to start a blog, no one may read it, but I can rant, and think like people are reading it. Or go get a friend... ha ha if only i was 5 years old again and didn't know what anxiety was! lol