Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    My fears are social phobia, chronic anxiety, racing heart, nausea, headaches constantly. :-( and alot more

Death. Plain and simple. And doctors visits. Hate getting my initial vitals taken. My pulse races and my BP is up. Hard for me to control my panic in there. Never been able to. I calm down a little after I start talking to doc but they always want to recheck my BP again and then it goes back up. I can check it at home fully relaxed and its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by miss_mac666 View Post
    I have Emetophobia, which is the fear of vomit/vomiting. I think about it constantly and it is the main cause of my anorexia/anxiety/panic disorder/OCD/agoraphobia... It has legit ruined my life. I don't go anywhere unless I reallllllly have to. It sucks and i have had it for almost 11 yrs now.
    Hi, I too am emetophobic. I only recently realized that my anxiety and fears were stemming from it. It's awful, and always on my mind. Especially lately because there is a stomach virus going around :s. I'm so nervous to go to any public place, eat at a restaurant, or eat anything prepared by anyone else for that matter. I am very aware of my stomach and any little ache or gurgle. It's an ongoing fear I wish I could overcome

Banned
    My mom dying and then uncertainty in general, especially with future-related things and my relationship. That's when the whole what-if thing comes into play.

Oh yeah, and people who don't like Led Zeppelin scare me.
    Last edited by janey; 03-02-2013 at 08:54 AM.

I am so happy I found this because I also an emetophobic and I have suffered from it my whole life and it too has ruined my life now it's gotten so bad I'm afraid of going number 2 in the bathroom because I fear I will also get sick. I hate it I've been trying everything too I don't know what to do:-(

Besides dying in my sleep, staying fat forever has kept me up at night. I've dieted all my life and keeping the weight off consistently is a constant struggle. I know that I'll never have a healthy relationship with food and that's scary because you can't avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by janey View Post
    My mom dying and then uncertainty in general, especially with future-related things and my relationship. That's when the whole what-if thing comes into play.

Oh yeah, and people who don't like Led Zeppelin scare me.

OMG, I totally obsess over my future too!!! It's like i can't relax even. And with my relationship i just want to know everything in my partner's mind so i can detect his sincerity.

Hi everyone. There is a great website about emetophobia on line. You'll find it by searching google under emetophobia.

Banned
    3loveme1:
    I used to be like that. Basically, you don't have to know everything in his mind. If he treats you right, then believe he is sincere.
    I doubted my partner so much that I turned into an interrogative monster. Luckily, I got out of that phase and he forgave me. I ended up making a lot of mistakes between us by being like that.
    I promise you that trusting him is 100% better than distrusting him and finding out he was being true the whole time. It's a total waste of energy and you'll feel so bad about it later.

I freak out about the future in regard to divorce and such. It happens to so many people and I'm afraid it will happen to me. It gives me so much anxiety to think about it.
    It's always "What if we get divorced in 5 years? I don't want to get divorced! What if it happens?". Totally irrational because it's in my control, but I fear I will lose control. It's silly. :P

3loveme1:
    I freak out about the future in regard to divorce and such. It happens to so many people and I'm afraid it will happen to me. It gives me so much anxiety to think about it.
    It's always "What if we get divorced in 5 years? I don't want to get divorced! What if it happens?". Totally irrational because it's in my control, but I fear I will lose control. It's silly. :P

Hey, I don't think that's silly at all. I think all married couples have that fear. But who's to say it should happen to you. "What if you're both happier than ever in the next 5 years?" I tend to believe that those who marry for love or other significant reasons are more happier and thus more successful than those who marry for the wrong reasons.