Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Motheroftwo
    Mine are, being stuck in the middle of traffic during a stop light, haircuts, work meetings, and going ANYWHERE alone. I know mine are absolutely ridiculous, im just curious to what others may have....
    Quote Originally Posted by Motheroftwo
    Mine are, being stuck in the middle of traffic during a stop light, haircuts, work meetings, and going ANYWHERE alone. I know mine are absolutely ridiculous, im just curious to what others may have....
    My anxiety might sound a little weird.. I'm constantly worrying about health & dying from something. I get scared to eat food if its.been let out I'm constantly checking to make sure theres no holes in food that I buy cause i tear its been poisoned if my food has been left in attended I won't eat it. I wanna get rid of these fears & live normally.. I constantly worry about my next anxiety attack i can't go on trips or anything cause I'm scared ill have an attack..

I have many. fear of going crazy, losing control, fear of nightmares, fear of disease and sickness. That sort of thing. I manage them pretty well though, I'm learning to overcome them but it can be hard sometimes.

Homelessness, Adandonement, Not being Independent

Social phobia....

Quote Originally Posted by miss_mac666
    I have Emetophobia, which is the fear of vomit/vomiting. I think about it constantly and it is the main cause of my anorexia/anxiety/panic disorder/OCD/agoraphobia... It has legit ruined my life. I don't go anywhere unless I reallllllly have to. It sucks and i have had it for almost 11 yrs now.
    I'm exactly the same. Fortunately I'm able to work & go to school (though both are becoming more and more difficult by the day). This phobia 100% dictates my life and the way I live.

Social phobia. Although it doesnt (touch wood) stop me from leaving the house altogether. Its more how i actually deal with being around people.

I'm not 100% that it is at phobia level, but I am utterly terrified of the human body and how fragile it is. I'm very afraid of death, but I'm moreso afraid of my body giving out on me and it scares me shitless every day and causes anxiety and panic every day.

Mine are shopping alone at the grocery store, I will go alone for a few things. Haircuts, got one yesterday but my husband was along, waiting in lines, some drive through restaurants, eating out. I'm working hard to expose myself and have to remind myself this takes time.

Mobile, Alabama on the gulf coast. yes, alabama has beaches :)
    I used to be scared of crossing big or long bridges but the town I'm in, you're kind of forced. We're on the Gulf so there's lots of water. I can swim really well so I'm not sure why it can be so terrifying. I have forced myself to tolerate driving over them but it still scares the daylights out of me if I start thinking about it.

I have IBS and I'm scared of being somewhere that a bathroom is not readily accessible. Car rides with people are scary for me. I start focusing on it and make myself sick to where we have to pull over. It's horrible and embarrassing. Especially if I am dating someone. It's something that doesn't really go away, even when I'm comfortable with someone. My dad understands because he has IBS too. My sister doesn't have it but if we are in the car together, it's easy for me to say we gotta pull over because she is used to this problem with me. It contributes to my eating disorder (which goes from binge eating to the opposite extreme) if I don't eat for a while when trying to go out with someone, then I will be less likely to need the bathroom. I think this is one of my problems that also contributes to some of my agoraphobic type symptoms.
    Last edited by MelissaK9174; 12-08-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brober20 View Post

My anxiety might sound a little weird.. I'm constantly worrying about health & dying from something. I get scared to eat food if its.been let out I'm constantly checking to make sure theres no holes in food that I buy cause i tear its been poisoned if my food has been left in attended I won't eat it. I wanna get rid of these fears & live normally.. I constantly worry about my next anxiety attack i can't go on trips or anything cause I'm scared ill have an attack..
    I am exactly the same I over cook all food incase it's undercooked then ill still bin it if not 100% satisfied which is often I always think an ache or pain is going to lead to cancer :-( then sit worrying constantly... When I type it i realise how daft it is but yet I still feel it xxx