Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Health related anxiety.

The big 3 as I call them, heart attack, stroke and cancer, not necessarily in that order.

I had so many new fears when I first had anxiety, but I'll say the main ones:
    Hypochondria (health anxiety),
    fear of my parents dying,
    fear of myself dying,
    fear of never recovering from anxiety
    and fear of natural disasters.
    Last edited by xUnknown; 10-10-2016 at 12:05 PM.

My fears make no sense.
    I do have average ones like a pet dying, tornadoes, earthquakes, etc. I'm scared of my thoughts, scared of the future, scared of uncertainty, scared of my family (long story) and terrified of work and bosses.
    The less average thing that I still don't understand but have noticed since 2012 is I can also get scared of specific people, places, shows, movies, books, websites, etc etc. None of which are inherently scary.

too many smh...crowds, driving, flying insects, dogs, heights, needles, drowning, nightmares, cancer, being shot, and so on and so on and so on

Ooh, a fun topic for me! I used to have a mild fear of heights and that was it. Since I started having panic attacks, I am now afraid of being stuck in traffic, leaving my 'safety bubble', agoraphobic to the point of having a fear of being outdoors, a fear of being sucked out into space (absolutely ridiculous I know), a fear of sliding off of the side of the earth (because that's totally how gravity works, right?), a fear of space, a fear of death, fear of how fragile our earth is, fear of flying, a fear of going bonkers and tearing out my own eyes (hooray for intrusive thoughts!), fear of my mom dying, and a fear that this will never go away and that in spite of my ambitions, I will be locked into doing nothing with my life for fear of having to go outside to actually meet these ambitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Motheroftwo View Post
    Mine are, being stuck in the middle of traffic during a stop light, haircuts, work meetings, and going ANYWHERE alone. I know mine are absolutely ridiculous, im just curious to what others may have....
    Biggest phobia: Public speaking. No doubt.

Other than people themselves, heights.

Death
    Open spaces
    Sometimes, certain illnesses
    Insanity

Quote Originally Posted by miss_mac666 View Post
    I have Emetophobia, which is the fear of vomit/vomiting. I think about it constantly and it is the main cause of my anorexia/anxiety/panic disorder/OCD/agoraphobia... It has legit ruined my life. I don't go anywhere unless I reallllllly have to. It sucks and i have had it for almost 11 yrs now.
    I have this too. It's the root cause of all of my anxieties.

I avoid public transport, being a car passenger, hairdressers, dentist, manicures, massages, shopping centres, going far from home, being in other people's houses, having people in my house, restaurants, traffic jams, job interviews, holidays .... the list goes on!