Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Whats your phobia?

Mine are, being stuck in the middle of traffic during a stop light, haircuts, work meetings, and going ANYWHERE alone. I know mine are absolutely ridiculous, im just curious to what others may have....

having to be in the same general location of my x wife...nothing else.

Heart anxiety, even though im young

Enduronman- I wish mine were as simple as that! lol. It may not be so simple for you though.

Kdubg- My anxiety has gotten so bad, when ever I panic, I instantly get shot of breath and heart palpitations. When my anxiety subsides, all symptoms go away. Believe it or not but cardio helps big time with preventing palpitations. BTW- im young too- only 26.

I second haircuts. I imagine getting a manicure to be very uncomfortable too.

Mine was... don't laugh... about old black and white pictures...
    The best way I found out there to resolve any kind of phobias is the tipi technique www-tipi-us.com
    I can talk about it because I experienced it many times on several fears and it works... very quickly (in minutes) and the result is permanent.
    You can learn to do the technique by yourself to be completely autonomous with it...

Quote Originally Posted by cedricbertelli View Post
    Mine was... don't laugh... about old black and white pictures...
    There's no reason to laugh. Most, if not all causes of anxiety are equally ridiculous and equally serious. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Hello,

Your phobias are not ridiculous... believe me I saw a bunch of them... but the fact is that you can permanently and extremely quickly release them.
    get some information about the "Tipi" technique (on tipi-us).
    A session with a professional is 30 min, the result is garantied, and then you can learn how to do sessions on your own, without needing any help...

My legs will go wobbly when im alone(must be an adult with me, kids dont count) in confined spaces, toilets, rooms, undergrounds, as long as i dont see the sun and the nature or the sun is gonna set, it gets me anxious. Although, i havent been diagnosed with Agoraphobia, i have those since i had PA, not sure if its just me or the PA triggering.

I have Emetophobia, which is the fear of vomit/vomiting. I think about it constantly and it is the main cause of my anorexia/anxiety/panic disorder/OCD/agoraphobia... It has legit ruined my life. I don't go anywhere unless I reallllllly have to. It sucks and i have had it for almost 11 yrs now.