Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

New to the group

I starting having panic attacks about 2 years ago. At first I didn't want to admit that I couldn't handle the stress and anxiety on my own so I never saw a doctor or told anyone. Being the oldest of two brothers, and surrrounded by 2 strong parents, I couldn't admit to them that I was falling apart. I didn't want to disappoint them or even my brothers or friends. So one day while on a lunch break, I had the worst panic attack I've every had. This made me call and start to see my current psychiatrist. We tried a variety of pill combinations but nothing was working. Right now I'm on klonopin 1mg and I can't stay if it's working yet since this is day 1. I'm not very optimistic but we will see. I'm also taking ambien 10mg at night. Hopefully this combo works because I'm tired of worring and crying at work. I do my best to hide it but I'm sure one day someone is going to find my hiding in the bathroom balling my eyes out over the 100 million problems I seem to have created. I decided to become a member b/c reading some of your suggestions and stories sounded like myself. I know I'm not the only one suffering from anxiety but it's nice to feel like I'm surrounding my those similar to me. I'm so glad this site was created and even more thankful for the people in it.

Welcome!!!!