Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalyn View Post

Thanks sandyrdh I was a little confused when my psychologist suggested vitamin D and B12 and also was talking about antidepressants and CBT classes...I was feeling very anxious at the time and just wanted to go home and think about the overload of information he was giving me lol...never even crossed my mind to ask how much do I take, when, and so on. I am so glad I came to this forum to find support and a wealth of information!
    I use mag citrate. Don't get mag oxide it does not absorb well and is worthless. Let us know when you find out about your results all of us who are low on this are always interested in others treatments for these deficiency's.

Hi adrenalyn:

Thanks for your reply, and careful attention. On a scale of 1 to 100 ng/ml, 70 to 90 is ideal. I am doing 95 ng/ml now.
    Above 50 is recommended by Vitamin D Council headed by Dr. Cannell. If you want to know more Google Cannell Zafirides, and listen to the 2 part Pod cast on Vitamin D.

Your doctor may lean towards homeopathy, but real big doses are required to get your level up. Homeopathic doses will not make any difference. A good source for vitamin D doses at various levels, is Dr. S. Zaidi's book called Power Of Vitamin D.

Please do not hesitate to ask me questions.

Best of luck,
    Ali

Quote Originally Posted by sandyrdh1 View Post
    I use mag citrate. Don't get mag oxide it does not absorb well and is worthless. Let us know when you find out about your results all of us who are low on this are always interested in others treatments for these deficiency's.
    Okay, will try the mag citrate and will keep you posted on my test results and will post it here on this thread...thanks sandyrdh
    Worry pretends to be necessary but serves no useful purpose”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by Damavandi View Post
    Hi adrenalyn:

Thanks for your reply, and careful attention. On a scale of 1 to 100 ng/ml, 70 to 90 is ideal. I am doing 95 ng/ml now.
    Above 50 is recommended by Vitamin D Council headed by Dr. Cannell. If you want to know more Google Cannell Zafirides, and listen to the 2 part Pod cast on Vitamin D.

Your doctor may lean towards homeopathy, but real big doses are required to get your level up. Homeopathic doses will not make any difference. A good source for vitamin D doses at various levels, is Dr. S. Zaidi's book called Power Of Vitamin D.

Please do not hesitate to ask me questions.

Best of luck,
    Ali
    Good to know about the ideal range being 70-90...at least I have a good idea so if the doctor says 50 ng/ml is normal I can mention this to her.

Awesome, I will go look at the pod cast and book you mentioned

Will keep you updated here on test results and doses that I start with.

Thanks Ali
    Worry pretends to be necessary but serves no useful purpose”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

I also heard something about thyroid being a major problem as well..

Banned
    I'm an exercise science major and took a few nutrition classes. I was diagnosed as having low vitamin D and I take 2000 IU daily, and 1000 IU is the accepted daily dosage if you're not low in vitamin D3!! Also getting out in the sun!!! Hope this helps .

Hi Brittan:

1000 IU to 2000 IU daily is the maintenance dose. In other words, If you are low on D, 1000 IU
    maintains you at that low level, and you hopefully your D level will not become lower. The same way, if you
    build up the stocks of your vitamin D, 1000 IU to 2000 IU is enough to keep you at that high level.

Of course, the above applies to people who continue the same indoor lifestyle that they always have had. If suddenly, the same person decides to become a lifeguard, which requires considerable amount of
    time in sunshine, then the criterion will become different, obviously.

Thanks,
    Ali

Right now, I've been taking my D3 for around 2 months and am delighted to share my story here. My anxiety came out of nowhere (like in many cases). I guess you all can guess the rest of the story from your own experiences - panic attacks (though I solved these ones myself by just becoming very angry with myself and thinking "come on, what the hell are you doing, man?" in a matter of two weeks or so), constant anxiety, derealizations, feeling weird, depressive thoughts, fear over your symptoms (yeah, yeah: schizophrenia, cancer, ALS - I went through all of these). A great example of anxiety interfering with your symptoms, basically.

I posted to this forum and also browsed the web looking for something different than stuffing yourself with drugs that make you an addict for the rest of your life. Thanfully, Damavandi PM'd me with info correlating with what I googled in different other languages - that in MOST CASES your anxiety is basically nothing but lack of some vitamins/minerals. In some cases, it's a fancy combination of both, in the others - it's as simple as D3 I was supplementing many things from magnesium, calcium, through zinc, vit B6, B12, C... you name it. Nothing gave me such relief as D3, though.

My initial blood works (be sure to test 25 OH D3, not something different!) showed me my levels are around half of the norm (and the norm the lab proposed was 30, not 50 like it really is, so even worse!). I started supplementing (not stopping the other supplementation, just in case of other problems I may have had) and BAM - within a few weeks, I felt WORLDS better. I wasn't cured in three days so be prepared that some time must pass but it was always one step closer to being cured, never a step back. Sometimes I felt as if I stalled but never going back.

Now, I'm ready to share my progress: derealizations? Not anymore. Anxiety? Ha! Even if I wanted to, I can't feel get it just because something passes through my head anymore. Depression vanished - oh, believe me - I've never felt so happy to be able to waste my time of what were my hobbies before. I just started to enjoy things back. Great feeling.

As for the "patience" part, though - I still can't say I'm completely cured. I feel incomparably better and don't feel anxiety per se but my triggering thoughts tend to sometimes get me the feel-weird feeling. It's not accompanied by anxiety anymore so it's basically that before the thoughts used to bring me anxiety AND some side-symptoms while now they don't bring me anxiety at all and the side symptoms are greatly lowered and fewer but they still do exist.

The kicker, however, is that my D3 level is only around 45-50 now so just imagine how cool the things are going to be when I get to a safer (i.e. not around the minimum) level. I'll be cured once and for all

Thank you for all your help Damavandi and keep on spreading the word as D3 really works. Try it people, I really recommend it.
    Last edited by Bertie123; 07-10-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Awesome!!!

I have been on vitamin D3 for about 6 months now and have just had the worse time I have ever had. So really pleased it is working for you, but it doesn't seem to be making any difference for me, but will keep trying it.