Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Vitamin D3 Cured my Anxiety, Depression, and Panic Disorder

Hello:

I suffered from depression, anxiety, and panic disorder for a few decades. One day, accidentally, I read something about vitamin D3, and depression on the Net, which ultimately changed my life.

A few months after reading the article, I decided to go for a routine check up, and blood test. This time, I asked for a vitamin D3 test to be included. The test result showed that I was deficient on vitamin D3 !!!

After visiting a doctor known for his work on vitamins, and amino acids deficiencies, I got 300,000 IU (International Units) monthly injections of vitamin D3 for three months. Three days after receiving the first injection, the depression started lifting, and in the second month, all symptoms of depression, anxiety, and panic attacks vanished. It has been 12 years since the first injection. I am on a maintenance dose of vitamin D3. There is no doubt that I have been cured, 100%.

The first question that will pop up in your over exhausted heads is that why the doctors do not know much about the curing power of vitamin D3 ? Dr. S. Zaidi is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at UCLA. In general terms, he answers the above question in his book, Power Of Vitamin D:

"Why hasn't my Doctor told me about all the beneficial effects of Vitamin D ?"

"Unfortunately, This exciting new knowledge about vitamin D hasn't reached the radar screen of most physicians, nor has it reached the curriculum of medical schools. Why? Because no drug company is behind it. It's not a drug. it's cheap and you can obtain it over the counter. Unfortunately, most of our medical research, medical guidelines for practicing physicians and medical knowledge in text books is dependent upon drug companies one way or another. Sad but true! It may take years before this revolutionary knowledge finds its way into medical books and physician's offices."

Well, the above quotation should answer some of your questions.

By arranging for a vitamin D3 (25-OH) blood test, you will know the level of vitamin D3 in your body. If your test result is low, which most likely it will be, please take the lab papers to an up to date doctor, and ask him/her to put you on an appropriate dose of vitamin D3 in order to increase the level of this vitamin in your system. It is very important that you go to an up to date doctor before you start your medications--don't forget it please.

Many doctors, all around the World, prefer giving oral supplements of vitamin D3 to their patients.
    My doctor was different--he preferred injections. Anyway, the most important thing is to get the level of vitamin D3 in your blood above 50 ng/ml (125 nmol/L), and still keeping it within the allowable safe range.

People in the United States must be careful not to accept vitamin D2 instead of vitamin D3 for their treatment. Vitamin D2 is an inferior type of vitamin D, and not as effective as vitamin D3 in some cases. Vitamin D2 is still being produced in The United States. As a matter of fact, D2 should be used for patients with kidney problems, and other conditions, which require special attention. Otherwise, vitamin D3 should be the first choice for treating people with vitamin D deficiency.

Calcium is a mineral that you need, while taking vitamin D3. Take 500 mgs of calcium supplement at bedtime, or alternatively, get the same amount by having a considerable quantity of dairy products on daily basis. People taking vitamin D3 supplements, must also take magnesium supplements. Otherwise, serious problems may arise. Magnesium oxide is worthless. do not buy it, do not use it. Chelated magnesium is probably the best kind, that you should use. Please note that magnesium in its own right, by many people, is considered a miracle performing mineral in some neurotic cases. People with kidney problems, and hypo-thyroidism must avoid taking magnesium, and calcium, unless they get their doctor’s approval. The magnesium serum blood tests are just worthless, also. They show the result, only for 1% of magnesium, which is in the bloodstream. The other 99% percent is in different parts of the body. We all are magnesium deficient, because of depleted soil, which is the source of magnesium for all plant material. If you start feeling over exhausted, after taking chelated magnesium for a considerable period of time, your body has had enough of this mineral. Stop taking magnesium for a month or two, and then restart with a much lower dose.

Vitamin D3 treatment has worked for me, and many others. There is a good chance that it could work for you also, if you are low on this vital vitamin. Your feedback on your progress will highly be appreciated.

Best wishes,
    Ali
    Last edited by Damavandi; 11-30-2023 at 11:55 PM.

Lucky you, it did bugger all for me, lol.

can i ask why D3 helps please

as im contemplating going the doctors this week to get tested

cheers
    Richy
    Last edited by richy1991; 09-03-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Will ask my doctor about this too.

Vitamin D3 has done nothing for me, at all. It was suggested to me by a previous therapist, along with 5HTP, which made me very, very ill, and he wanted me to eat tons of protein. Turns out, even after all that, I'm still depressed. Imagine that.

Hi Fiend:

Did you ever have a blood test for vitamin D ?
    If so, you may choose to send the results of the test privately to me.
    What dosage of vitamin D3 were you receiving per day ?

Best regards,
    Ali

I'm not sure. It was reccommended by a therapist. I'd have to find the bottle. But no tests were ever done to see if I had a deficiency.

Hi Fiend:

I strongly recommend you take a blood test for vitamin D3.
    If you are low, which you most probably are, you should bring your test level to 50 ng/ml, or even more within the allowable range.
    Then you will feel the impact.

An up to date doctor, or an endocrinologist will know how to bring the level of vitamin D3 up in your body, in a correct way.
    Ordinary doctors, usually, do not have a clue about vitamin D3 newly discovered effects, and its healing powers.

Best regards,
    Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Damavandi View Post
    Hi Fiend:

I strongly recommend you take a blood test for vitamin D3.
    If you are low, which you most probably are, you should bring your test level to 50 ng/ml, or even more within the allowable range.
    Then you will feel the impact.

An up to date doctor, or an endocrinologist will know how to bring the level of vitamin D3 up in your body, in a correct way.
    Ordinary doctors, usually, do not have a clue about vitamin D3 newly discovered effects, and its healing powers.

Best regards,
    Ali
    Agree it did helped me a lot

vitamin d

Vitamin d has helped me out a lot with my anxiety and overall I just feel better I would also recommend a b vitamin complex