Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Hi Socarp:

Taking 1200 IU of vitamin D3 daily will not make a significant change in your vitamin d3 level,
    if even you take this dose for a decade. This dosage, most probably, will maintain your level at 7,
    and will not let it go even lower ! Please, visit an up to date doctor in regards to vitamin D3. If an elevated
    level of D3 does not improve your mood, then consider other options.

With the right dosage of D3, within three months, your level will rise considerably, and then,
    it will be easier for you to decide about a new course of action, or inaction.

Best wishes,
    Ali

I was reading a few things regarding vitamin B-12. I've been taking it for about 2 weeks. Can't really tell if it is doing anything positive.

I have not experimented with vitamin D3, but I have read the information Vitamin D3 is good for young children

Hey there, I'm new to this forum and just discovered your form about D3. Just have a few questions if you don't mind.
    I have been suffering from depression, anxiety and panic attacks for about 2 months now. I have had them before but nothing to the degree that I am experiencing right now. I requested that my doctor do some blood work and check all my significant vitamins and etc.
    The blood work came back that my (25-OH) was 30. I know in your forum you say it needs to be 50 and up to feel better. The test said D2 + D3
    My doctor prescribed me 50,000 iu of D2 once a week for 4 weeks then 1 every month.
    So my question would be: is D2 going to give me the same result as the D3? I've already taken the D2 (on Sunday) and I have felt noticeably better already. But it seems like every day the old feelings are starting to come back again. I'm hoping when I take my pill again Sunday I will feel even better. I kinda don't want to make it a big hassle with my dr. If im going to get the same outcome either way. She told me that both D2 and D3 contribute to vitamin D. So should I get her to change it or just ride it out?
    My second question is, what about magnesium and calcium and K2. I am 23 years old. How much do you think I should be taking with this large dose of vitamin D?
    Thank you so much! Ill appreciate any advice you give. Thank you

Hi Don:

I am glad that you are feeling somehow better after taking the first vitamin D tablet.
    Probably your doctor has given you vitamin D2 for a reason such as kidney problems, or some other
    medical history of yours. Anyway take the D2, and do not argue with your doctor. However, as the normal
    dosage for insufficiency treatment is 50,000 IU weekly (8 to 12 weeks), ask your doctor
    to consider extending the treatment's duration. I highly recommend you read a book written by a Doctor of Medicine
    such as the one I mentioned which is written by Dr. Zaidi. By reading a book, you will have a better understanding of vitamin D,
    the initial dosage, and the subsequent maintenance doses. Generally speaking vitamin D2 is inferior to vitamin D3, specifically
    when used on the neurotic cases. Nevertheless, D2 has positive effects, also.

Take 200 mgs of CHELATED magnesium of a well-known brand daily. Keep on doing so for about 2 months, and
    then take the same dosage for a month at every season. Ask your doctor about this also, because if you have
    a medical history, taking or not taking it will make a big difference.

If you can afford it both weight and money wise, have organic dairy products on daily basis. This will take care of
    your calcium level. As far as vitamin K is concerned, I eat a few lettuces weekly, and that takes care of my vitamin K level.

Next time please mention the range of your vitamin D (25-OH) test. Lab tests have different ranges from lab to lab, and country to country. Your number will mean a whole lot more, when you mention the range, also.

Best of luck,
    Ali

Hello Damavandi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this valuable information about your experience with D3.
    I'm very fortunate to have seen this :-)
    I just recently stumbled across your post and only made an account to get your opinion on my matter.

My anxiety started 6 months ago and was followed by depression, derealization/depersonalization,panic and suicidal ideation.
    As per your recommendation, I went to get a 25-OH test for D3 levels from my doctor. The doctor said my levels were 24 but didn't say what the units were.
    I'm being prescribed 10,000 IU per week. With it, I'm taking "caltrate" which is 500mg calcium and 400IU D3 daily.
    It has been 3 weeks and I'm feeling relatively better however I've noticed I'm still not fully cured and I'm getting into depressive (although not major) episodes.
    I'm still experiencing anxiety and panic although its not as strong as it was.
    I just ordered chelated magnesium from amazon since I assumed the d3 wasnt being effective due to the lack of magnesium.

Should I just be patient with my current dosage and wait til I see huge results?
    Is my dosage adequate? And aren't levels of 80-100ng/mL potentially risky and cause detrimental side-effects to your kidneys?

I appreciate any feedback :-)

Hi Hami:

You are taking 1733 IU of vitamin D3 in average daily, which is a good maintenance dose.
    However, as an attack dose, it is NOT enough. You need to take 10,000 IU daily for 3 months.
    1733 IU of D3 will be good as a maintenance dose after the 3rd month is over.

The above dosage has been taken from POWER OF VITAMIN D written by Dr. Zaidi.

The different normal ranges on D 25-OH test get to be confusing for most people. The general rule is to elevate your level
    above 50% of the normal range, and to be careful not to go above the upper limit of the normal range. If you already do not have any kidney problems, a healthy level of vitamin D in your body is good for every one of your organs.

I recommend changing your doctor, and elevating your D level under the supervision of an up to date doctor.

Best wishes,
    Ali

How are you doing now?

Hi I just came across this site and your posts while googling. I have been having pretty severe anxiety for almost a year. It started out random and now is about everyday. It was suggested that I take mag glycinate and d3. My endo told me a few years ago I should take vit d but never did. Wasn't having anxiety at the time so didn't think about it. After a recent visit with him he said I was slightly low in iodine and wants me to take iodoral. But never mentioned vit d. My compound pharm lady I should take 5000ius. So I take that daily and 200 mg of mag. I just started this week so I know nothing will happen that fast. And I do plan to call endo on Monday to see if he checked d this last time. But I'm just wondering how you're doing now a few years later? Thanks.
    Abby

Is overdosing on vitamin D dangerous? Does anyone here have first hand experience on that?

Great story! I am glad many of you have been feeeling better with D3!
    Unfortunately, there are a lot of reasons why health workers do not know that kind of info: big companies really want to profit by exploiting other people's pain so they do whatever they can to prevent the public from realizing how much keeping a balanced diet, getting some exposure to natural light, exercising and as you guys are mentioning here, accessible vitamins can do for us. It is a shame that is how the world works but we need to work with that.
    Unfortunately, many health professionals are not up to date with that kind of discovery...anyways, thank you for the info,I'll look it up!