Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    I tried to post a message twice now on this thread, but it is not showing up.

I have deficiency in vitamin D, and I would like some advice.
    Last edited by Emma77; 12-13-2017 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Problem is solved!!

I think the other message was long, and more detailed... I am not sure about the reasons why it is not showing up

Thank you so much Ali for opening this thread topic, for sharing with us your experience with Vitamin D deficiency, and for your recommendations that are very helpful !!

I hope you are still active because I want you to give me more advice regarding my vitamin D deficiency.
    I am glad that my new GP did a Vitamin D (25-OH) check after more than a year of struggling what was wrong with me (anxiety/can't concentrate well/ lost jobs/ feeling sad and bad mood most of the time, etc...).
    Last edited by Emma77; 12-13-2017 at 01:31 AM.

I am not into any medication till now. However, I am going to start soon after getting that knowledge and awareness of how shall I treat myself well.

So the following are my blood test:
    Vitamin D (25-OH) = 15 nmol/l (normal range 80-150 nmol/l)
    = 6 ng/ml

my Vitamin B12 is not that well too 266 ng/l normal range (200-1000 ng/l)
    because in my blood test letter it is said Symptomic vitamin B12 deficiency can be present despite normal serum B12 levels!!

I have low iron as well, but I am going to manage this, because more than a year my iron was OK but they didn't check the Vitamin D, so I was not feeling well and I couldn't progress in my life normally. It is just strange this type of "hormone".

Let us focus on Vitamin D, my doctor gave me a prescription to take the Aviticol 20.000 IU capsules; 2 capsules weekly for 7 weeks.
    To be honest, I don't like to take pills, and I am not going to buy my doctor's prescription for both (Furrous fumarate for iron and the Aviticol for Vitamin D3).

I am going to buy Sirop or Vitamin D3 drops. Also, I buy sometimes concentrated powder whole food like organic maca powder, flax-seed powder...
    I am neither vegetarian nor vegan... I eat fish, meat, and drink milk...

The only thing before my blood test, I was mostly indoor -- can't concentrate well to find a decent job even with good degrees.
    So for sure my diet was not varied and balanced, because I didn't have the appetite/lack of energy and more important the mood.
    Also my exposure to the sun is very limited. In the UK, it is not sunny specially in winter times

My doctor in her report did mention that I need to check calcium level after a month or two, however she said "we don't routinely check Vitamin D levels after treatments".

So let me start first the treatment, than I will convince her to check my Vitamin D (25-OH), my iron, my Vitamin B12 and my calcium.

So if my current doctor doesn't accept to re-check my Vitamin D, I can manage to change another doctor who is willing to order a blood test for what I was deficient or very low from previous check, which seems just normal I think.

Her consultation was very short like less than 5 or 10 min, I can't remember.
    She didn't even mention the importance of magnesium intake with the Vitamin D3.

In terms of an up-to-date doctor; an endocrinologist (glands doctor), I don't know exactly what he does.
    Is it just to check my Vitamin D? what about iron, serum albumin or calcium... Also, it is very expensive for just one private consultation.
    Unfortunately I am not working at the moment. I need to treat myself first.

By the way I have a digital interview to complete this week, but I am a little bit anxious about the heart palpitation, and voice shaking that occurs.

It did happen before to me the long duration of the digital interview, but I am sure because of vitamin D deficiency, which I was not aware of.

Ali could you please give me how much approximately I should take for magnesium/calcium/and vitamin D3 per day.

I know that I am not going to take more than 8,000 to 10,000 I.U per day. My GP recommends around 6,000 I.U per day.
    So I might take 8,000 I.U per day of Vitamin D3. Then I will check my blood test after 3 months.

However I am still struggling how much magnesium and calcium intake I should stick to, especially for the first few months.
    My doctor didn't mention anything about the synergy of these vitamins all together.

I don't know whether it is really important to consult an endocrinologist for my case now.

I really appreciate your help,
    and anyone who is knowledgeable about the this topic (Vitamin D deficiency)

Thank you so much
    Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    This is such BS and it is going on for years on this forum.
    Totally in agreement D. This is one thread that's wasting space. Extremely unbalanced.

Emma77, If you want professional medical advice then please go see a medical professional. All this focus on Vitamin D is causing you more anxiety than said BS claims of curing ability. Put as much effort into other areas of your life and will far exceed the benefits of pumping yourself full of D3. Homeostasis lvling of chemicals is yet even more BS D. When you factor in the importance of synergy compared to this kind of hysteria ... BS does not even come close to this fairy tail.

I think it's more than fair to put in our objections to ensure others are not hood winked into thinking all one need do is pump themselves full of D3. My Vegas Nerve feels so much better now having said ABC ... perhaps now I may even be able to actually absorb 123. LOL at our mainstream lvling system. It's a joke!
    Last edited by Ponder; 12-13-2017 at 03:53 AM.