Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    harleygrl8 im so sad that i didn't do what you said if i had i wouldn't have been stuck being a kid and doing a course that i thought is would be easy now i regret every moment of my life wishing i could go back in time and say NO to the course suggestion i cry every night saying i wish i could say no because i said yes and well its too hard for me right now im supposed to be in year 7 happily studying and having fun but i dont know what made me feel like doing the course i cant beleive myself i wish i could just quit but i cant because my mum and dad have spent atleast 1.5 million and just give up there money i dont know what to say im always shy i used to be happy making some youtube videos then when i started i got so shy i could rarely come on the camera and not faint

I WISH I COULD GO BACK IN TIME AND CHANGE DESICIONS THAT WERE GOOD OR WRONG

Are there any supplements or anything that can increase serotonin and dopamine?

I don't like to think the only way to stop life from being so stale is to talk to a doctor. At that point I pretty much don't have control over my life I'm the doctors crack baby to whatever I am given, also waiting years for a medication to start noticeably making things in life funner is not ideal either although I am taking Wellbutrin. Any tips/tricks/supplements that can make me a functioning human being while still being influenced by the drug to make life more enjoyable? Note: I have anxiety attacks and often think all guys my age are out to get me, like... kill me so I guess a strong legal sedative.

My friend, as a CBT/Clinical Hypnotherapist, I see this quite often, and when I regress my patients, they tend to have an incident that occurred in there past. for instance I once treated a pt. who felt like you,the woman is 37 Y/O, when I regressed her, there was an incident which occurred, when she was 16 y/o, she was not among the popular in school, and but she was quite bright. Now, it is summertime, and she is with her girlfriend at the beach, a boy from school, came running by, and told her, that he wanted to tell her something, but did not know how to put it. she got very excited,what is it. he then said the words you are FAT, this sent a domino effect in her mind, that changed her self confidence, it was only in regression therapy, that these hidden thoughts were able to come out. at this point we change the association to these pictures, gave them new meaning, and today she is doing amazing. there are exercises that can be done. start with controlling your breath, when doing this , it calms the mind, and number 2, look for distractions. if your thoughts tend to overwhelm you, look outside, count how many people you see, or how many mailboxes, you get the point. I hope this is helpful, please feel free to contact me, if you would like other exercises to help you when in crisis mode

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestnlp@G View Post
    My friend, as a CBT/Clinical Hypnotherapist, I see this quite often, and when I regress my patients, they tend to have an incident that occurred in there past. for instance I once treated a pt. who felt like you,the woman is 37 Y/O, when I regressed her, there was an incident which occurred, when she was 16 y/o, she was not among the popular in school, and but she was quite bright. Now, it is summertime, and she is with her girlfriend at the beach, a boy from school, came running by, and told her, that he wanted to tell her something, but did not know how to put it. she got very excited,what is it. he then said the words you are FAT, this sent a domino effect in her mind, that changed her self confidence, it was only in regression therapy, that these hidden thoughts were able to come out. at this point we change the association to these pictures, gave them new meaning, and today she is doing amazing. there are exercises that can be done. start with controlling your breath, when doing this , it calms the mind, and number 2, look for distractions. if your thoughts tend to overwhelm you, look outside, count how many people you see, or how many mailboxes, you get the point. I hope this is helpful, please feel free to contact me, if you would like other exercises to help you when in crisis mode
    The problem with Mental Health Professionals coming into one's home, is it no longer feels like a home.

For instance - the previous message begins with → "... I don't like to think the only way to stop life from being so stale is to talk to a doctor....."
    Then the reply comes from a non sufferer/health care professional that ends with "bla bla bla ... Please feel free to contact me .... when in crisis mode."

This place is no longer a home for suffers, but a magnetic for practitioners.

Thanks but - No Thanks Forrestnlp@G - This place is just doing fine without the need for health professionals to come sort out our problems. Were's doing fine helping ourselves.

Please feel free to contact me when you're in crisis mode.

Now if you would please be kind enough to shut the door and the way out and continue your practice somewhere else. TY.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by spacefarts View Post
    I am so afraid of people - of trying to impress them, of wanting them to like me, of wanting attention (which I hate myself for wanting) that I never have fun anymore. Hanging out, I'm just so caught up in my head that I don't have fun anymore. Even doing things I used to enjoy I don't find fun. Will this go away? :c Does anyone else have this problem?
    This might sound weird, but not trying to impress anyone will impress most people. Jesus impressed many people, and still is. Why? Because he was completely detached from his ego and didn't look for any personal gain whatsoever. (Some people also believe he rose from the dead, which I gotta admit is quite impressive.) No matter what your beliefs are, I think he's a good role model on how to live life.

I get this a lot. I'm kinda in one of these spots right now and it's pretty miserable. Wanting attention isn't a bad thing though so don't beat yourself up! Craving attention is just part of being a social human being. The thing is that you gotta figure out what you like to do and just damn well do it. Setting aside 15 minutes is how I start. It doesn't have to be anything complicated. Just treat yourself! The more fun you can have by yourself the more that will transfer into having fun with other people. You have to relax as hard and chliche as that sounds in your current state.

It must be something can interest you, I believe

I used to sometimes care what people thought about me, but as I have aged I have come to realize that the only thing I
    can do is do the best that I can and if people don't like it, than too bad for them.

I have trouble enjoying things too. the anxiety is just there all of the time.

You've had lot's of good advice but Kirk hit the nail on the head you can only be you and if it takes until later in life to make true friend's so be it don't waste your time worrying try to get on in life the rest will follow
    Last edited by Twichard; 08-05-2017 at 04:03 AM.