Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I feel like I can't have fun anymore

I am so afraid of people - of trying to impress them, of wanting them to like me, of wanting attention (which I hate myself for wanting) that I never have fun anymore. Hanging out, I'm just so caught up in my head that I don't have fun anymore. Even doing things I used to enjoy I don't find fun. Will this go away? :c Does anyone else have this problem?

I have this problem as well.. Makes me depressed everyday because I can't do anything that I use to because of my thoughts controlling me.

This will go away! During depressed/anxious periods it may feel like you will never enjoy life again but once you start tackling the anxiety and depression you can get back to the way you were. It takes hard work and determination but is possible. What help are you getting at the moment to sort out the situation?

Space, if someone's self-esteem is too low, they may become obsessed with wanting other people to like them. They think that if everyone likes them, they'll feel better about themselves.

For one, nobody can get everyone to like them. Second, other people liking you won't help as much as you'd think. Instead, you have to like yourself first. That's what's going to really get you to like yourself.

It will go away! Life is full of fun!

I think having fun is really hard for people caught up in the anxiety struggle, anything I participate in that should be fun (going on a night out, birthday parties, shopping etc) well I don't think it is, but I think this is the first time I've ever really thought of it that way, I'm always just focused on the "taking part" and not making excuses and hiding out in my house. Maybe I have short sporadic moments of fun throughout the event, but generally I'm happy and feel like I've had a great time just for successfully walking out the front door and staying there! I think there's maybe a scale, something like .... 1. Going out 2.Starting to mildly feel comfortable 3.Forgetting about panicing 4.Pleasant time 5.Old self fun? Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

It's always going to be hard when you're going through anxiety - but it's still in you. You can find it again.

I feel the same way. I worry way too much of what people think about me. I also don't like people too close to me. I will back away from people who try to talk to me and if I can't I feel trapped and start to panic and sweat. It's embarrassing. I wish I could just be normal.

I don't like people too close to me either. I'm afraid of someone knowing the true me though.
    I'm twisted like an Rubiks cube.
    Add me as a friend on here to talk..
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Go to link below to see me and Esme.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

https://image.ibb.co/gCKsxq/33816540-807220306145297-7328234837234417664-n.jpg

Remember not to do to much to fast. Baby steps r the key to success. Enjoy all the lil moments cuz they really r important. Remember u are still u no matter what condition u have, try not to let your disorder define u.... i know its hard i struggle myself..