Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Believe in yourself.

Always be positive. Go out and explore the world. Always be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by spacefarts View Post
    I am so afraid of people - of trying to impress them, of wanting them to like me, of wanting attention (which I hate myself for wanting) that I never have fun anymore. Hanging out, I'm just so caught up in my head that I don't have fun anymore. Even doing things I used to enjoy I don't find fun. Will this go away? :c Does anyone else have this problem?
    If doing things you enjoyed no longer appeals to you and hanging out with the people you used does not make you feel complete, why not change both?

I totally understand what you mean.

It's like you're so caught up in what you're doing, how you look, how you're standing, and what your words sound like to others. Sometimes you even lose important pieces of information. Do you feel like this around close friends too?

I can relate to that

I can't seem to shut my mind. It constantly keeps on chattering in my head - about anything. I obsess over things and can't seem to enjoy. I just wait for the time when I can leave the party and go back home to my room!

You know what I have found works really well with that voice in your head that just wont stop chattering. I befriended it. Just one of many ways of being kind to self. It really works.

Oh BTW ... Welcome to the forum JessPaws.

Have you ever heard of Eckhart Tolle? He has some good stuff on helping to quiet the mind.
    Last edited by Ponder; 10-27-2017 at 02:07 PM.

I used to feel like this and get really down on myself but then I started wearing Mantra Magnets, which are earrings I bought that vibrate and reset your amygdala and prefrontal cortex. I wear them before social events to kind of reset everything and calm down. Then I have fun with my friends! It's so great!

I know how you feel...

It's still pissing down with rain and I don't want to do what I enjoy but fuck it! I'm doing it anyways! See what happens.

What Happened? At first I felt like shit, but then I started to feel better and in the end ... Yea ... it was kind of fun. Just need to keep working on it. Bit like smiling therapy. Pfffft or Or try doing both at the same time. Is what I just did.