Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Driving 468x60
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Alcohol and anxiety

Hi everyone. I normally drink alcohol without issues (if anything it usually HELPS my anxiety temporarily, at least socially) but last night when I got home, I was still pretty intoxicated and I started feeling a weird surge of adrenaline mixed with nausea and these horrible feelings of depression. A really strange thing to be feeling while drunk. So I just got in bed, turned off the lights and started texting my friend about it and he made me feel better and then I finally just dozed off. Does anyone else ever have a response like this to alcohol? I've been drinking socially for 10 years and have NEVER felt this. I'm thinking it might be time to stop.

Yep. Drinking makes my anxiety worse. There have been a few times where I had an anxiety attack while drunk & it was the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by orangeribbons
    Hi everyone. I normally drink alcohol without issues (if anything it usually HELPS my anxiety temporarily, at least socially) but last night when I got home, I was still pretty intoxicated and I started feeling a weird surge of adrenaline mixed with nausea and these horrible feelings of depression. A really strange thing to be feeling while drunk. So I just got in bed, turned off the lights and started texting my friend about it and he made me feel better and then I finally just dozed off. Does anyone else ever have a response like this to alcohol? I've been drinking socially for 10 years and have NEVER felt this. I'm thinking it might be time to stop.

Read the thread titled "help! please read!" might be helpful to you.

What medications are you taking, and also what was it you were drinking?..Reason I ask the second question is that I drank something called Bombs er some s**t one night and ripped the gates of my fence, walked around the town 4 times, late at night and really not sure wtf was going on..Hellof a night!! LOL!

E-Man.

No medications. Alcohol is the only drug I consume regularly; I'm not even on birth control and I avoid caffeine. Just drank beer, which is what I normally drink.

Damn! It was probably something that had caffeine or taurine in it is my guess! Sigh. I used to be fine consuming the "normal" substances that most people are fine with. I hate my stupid brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Enduronman View Post
    What medications are you taking, and also what was it you were drinking?..Reason I ask the second question is that I drank something called Bombs er some s**t one night and ripped the gates of my fence, walked around the town 4 times, late at night and really not sure wtf was going on..Hellof a night!! LOL!

E-Man.

Yup..Those freakin 9 hour energy bulls**t things that everyone uses are hell on anxiety. I bet that was what was in the stupid BOMBS I drank!! I tore s**t up everywhere and had to fix it all too. Bent the steel hinges!! Never again...

E-Man.

You SOMEHOW ended up with some stims in your system..weird.

I know it's not funny E, but your post cracked. E up...walked around town 4 times.

Who ended up with stims? I didn't! I was referring to your experience. I'm not sure what happened to me.

BAAHHAAAHA!!! I DID!! Drank up some BOMB kinda s**t, I guess I ended up outside and tore 2 heavy wooden gates of the fence for some reason and then walked up and down Main St. in the rain..staggering..drunk and tripping over cracks in the sidewalk actually hittin the ground. I remember all that, just not 100% sure why or wtf the purpose of doing it was?...Hilarious!!!