Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Should I keep taking AD's.

So I've been taking AD's over 6 months now... and I don't think they work any more for me, I just take it each morning but it doesn't seem to have any effect on me, and I wonder what kind of negative effects long term taking of ADs can create to my brain... What should I do? Im very confused and still anxious..

Hello Skizo,

Yer name is awesome! Hi, I'm a Skizo too!..Your post is somewhat "rare" to read by the fact that you report (NO) effects? Most people here are reporting every effect under the sun. In your case, to really get to the correct answer of your question, then I would need know where you were 6 months ago? Was that place deep, dark, desparaging, scary, lazy, sleepy, lethargic, I think you get the point? Basically, are you in a better frame of mind now? As far as duration, period, length of time on AD's then that merely depends upon the individual themselves as some may need it for months, some years, yet it all depends on how "it allowed you to view the world around you"?...That is the purpose, reason, design of these medications. To open a new "world"..Get it?...

Can you help me to understand the confused and anxious part abit better?..

Enduronman..

basically difficulty to concentrate physically. dizziness, tiredness, etc.... and i can't concentrate on any single thing if i look at it, my eyes cannot focus properly.. People don't seem to understand that I can't focus my sight basically...

Also feeling distant and surreal. I don't seem to be experiencing life clearly and vividly anymore.
    Last edited by Skizo; 08-22-2012 at 05:38 PM.

That is a side effect of those types of medications also. Are all of these symptoms listed above what you are experiencing now after 6 months on an AD?..EESSHH! What is the name of this product and also if this is how you're feeling after 6 months then I would suspect that this is not the medication that fits your needs and a newly scheduled visit to your Dr would be suggested prior to stopping any AD after this period of time also as a "cold turkey" may just leave you on the floor feeling like a "cold turkey" if you know what I mean?... Was anything ever actually prescribed for anxiety or just depression?...

Man what is this Dizziness / unable to concentrate /focus my eyes........ its been over 6 months now and its extremely frustrating.... im sick of it... it varies in strenght but its pretty much constant (( i dont know what to do anymore

Whenever I try to concentrate my eyes, I feel tense and start twitching....

Definitely talk to your doc about this- 6 months is a long time to not be feeling anything other than that spacey feeling.
    At some point you also have to question whether you were better off without the meds. Sometimes you end up taking them to fight one issue and create three more. It's something you'll have to weigh, but absolutely talk to your MD first. Good luck!
    "Every chance that you get is a chance you seize."
    http://anxietymyoldfriend.wordpress.com/

What do you think about this feeling which I am describing? - being unable to concentrate and focus my eyes (sight) ... whenever I try to concentrate I will start twitching.... Also I feel kind of surreal and not fresh...

it varies in strength, from nearly normal to the point of real dizziness.
    Last edited by Skizo; 08-28-2012 at 04:18 PM.

????????????

You should be able to find an AD with the help of your doc that helps you(a pdoc would be best if a GP can't help that much). It may "peak out" but it won't truly "stop working" totally. It is possible you don't get enough benefit from any AD to justify staying on it. Some patients just never find a great fit even via TCA's or SNRI's. Out of imipirimine, prozac, zoloft, celexa and lexapro, I just do best on prozac. That's just me.
    Alankay