Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NatalieRegina
    Therapy helps so much- finding a good therapist is key, but once you do, it's like talking to an (very smart) old friend. Their job is not to tell you what to do but help you to work out your own way of healing, moving forward. The whole idea behind therapy is that you innately have all the things you need to be emotionally healthy, but sometimes they just need to be brought to the forefront and using the tools you learn in therapy, allows you to do just that.

Ex. Sample discussion with my therapist:

Me: "I'm anxious before I go to work all the time. The driving scares me. The extreme heat is bugging me. What if I get stranded?"
    Her: "Why do you think you're so anxious before work specifically?"
    Me: "I'm not sure. Maybe because I get so frustrated with my boss? He's really insensitive and doesn't get my panic attacks at all."
    Her: "That's very possible."
    Me: "Maybe I just don't want to work there anymore."
    Her: "Certainly something to consider."

I mentioned this to someone else in a different post, a little less detailed. Basically, a good therapist won't tell you what to do but will help you figure out yourself what needs to happen and how you can help heal yourself. Sounds weird, but it absolutely helps. Even if you're a little skeptical, I think therapy is a good idea for everyone, anxiety or not.
    Thanks NatalieRegina, wow very beautiful name by the way Well I'm gonna give it a shot, I'm gonna look into my insurance and see how it might work with me on a therapist situation. Then I'll come back and tell you if it worked for me or not.

Np! And I was telling someone else on here before about this, but when I needed a therapist and didn't have insurance, I was able to ask a few if they could help. The one I currently go to gives me a reduced rate because I work at a job that I love (but gives me no benefits). $30 vs. $120 for the hour, definitely worth the ask. Keep in touch!
    "Every chance that you get is a chance you seize."
    http://anxietymyoldfriend.wordpress.com/

My therapist is amazing! She can tell how well(or usually not) I am doing by what I talk about and how I say it.