Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I have this one. When I was 18 my dad died suddenly of a heart attack he was 40 up untill then id never had a anxiety prob or panic attacks. This is where it all started for me and now as I head towards my 30s I'm convinced I'm gonna die from one

I am in the same kind of fear. Last year, I had an allergy attack, well that was the doctor said. I had this burning sensation that started on my cheeks and radiated throughout my head for a couple of hours. My BP shoot up cos I was very scared and after a few minutes it normalized again. I was rushed to the ER and was diagnosed with hives but my mom insisted that I take a couple of tests the next day just to check that I don't have any heart or cholesterol problems. I am only 23 years old but married and has one child. Lipid profile was done as well as ECG. During the exams I was very very very anxious. Tests came back normal however, my ECG has this "old heart attack" thing there, which got me panicky once again. We saw a cardiologist and he told me I was fine. He just told me to quit smoking, stop drinking coffee and exercise and be mindful of my diet. He even told me that I can take a 2D-echo and Thyroid fucntion test ANYTIME that I want just to give me a peace of mind. So I did, my thyroid fucntion test was negative as well as my 2D-echo but since then, I started to have anxiety attacks and panic attacks.

Still, I am veyr concerned with my heart. I think I'm going to have a stroke or a heart attack. It's so scary.

Me too, been to hospital loads of times for ECG's. That feeling though, has to be said, is horrific.

I suffer the same problem. In fact it's mostly the fear of my own health and dying that triggers my attacks. I can't even take long road trips anymore because I'm afraid ill have a heart attack and be too far from a hospital to be saved. And I'm a 25. It's not fair that I can't get this fear away from by mind.

Hi I'm EXACTLY the same but with cervical cancer I have had problems since having children I won't go into being a unisex forum!
    I have had all kinds of tests and yes there's something not quite right but its nothing concerning this is what at least 6 drs have told me yet whenever I get a twinge or any pain the palpitations start and the horrifying daydreams of doom my mind jumps to who will look after my children? They won't remember me what if people tell them I was a horrible person and they get bullied.
    It's irrational and ridiculous but its anxiety and any progress I've found takes time.

I too had it with my heart for about a year but tests etc came back clear and I did let it go. Hopefully once I'm diagnosed for my other issues I will relax a little. The hardest part is believing its truly JUST anxiety which can't hurt us. Xxx

About the sleeping thing, why don't you try going to sleep with some relaxing music? Like Pandora Radio > Zen garden station. Or download the relax app. It's pretty good either one. That way you have your attention on something else.

I have this almost everyday.when my body just have any reaction or pain in my body i feel im have heart attack and start panic attack.how can get of rid of this paranoid thing.

I have this bad and I never did until I developed GAD this has really ruined my life especially at nights when it's at it's peak. Along with having High BP and T2D im always paranoid being overweight and a smoker. Im only 31 but that still doesent mean im safe and I feel like the whole gloom and doom thing. Not sure how to shake this off, especially when I have lil chest pains and stiffness/pressure there almost every frickin night. All it's doing is creating extra stress which is prob causing alot of the symptoms.

Coming from someone who has been 100 pounds overweight with very high BP and that used to smoke a pack a day...what really helped me honestly was having my life on the line. I was in ICU and I had days to think about turning my life around after lithium toxicity. Almost dying scared me enough to get my act together and be health conscious. Study, educate yourself about health. Look at food as energy, work out to calm your nerves and get energy. It is all worth it in the end. You have a long life ahead of you, so make the best of it! I hope you can obtain good health soon. Best wishes and good luck.

Holy geez! I had no idea people were even reading this! It makes me feel much better. Thank you all so much. We're not alone! Keep in touch!