Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    heart , heart , we know when it stops we are in trouble so be happy it beats. Everyone I know, and i know tons of people with anxiety have this problem............. fast heartbeat and tightness in chest. When in doubts check with doc. We are not doctors and we can not slow your heartbeat. We can offer you advice to do something for yourself. This long thread (we have so many of the same ones) is comical. Heart is a pump and it is going to beat as long as it wants. Thinking about it is making it beat faster due the anxiety. It is known fact..............
    Ladies and gents you all tell how tough it is. You have no idea what tough is. Imagine a child who does not know if it wakes up in the morning or her/his mom will there, ......there is tough.
    You have easy, we have easy. access to medical care, we have internet so we obviously are not homeless.................eh waste
    Last edited by Dahila; 05-22-2016 at 09:05 PM.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Dude, you're not alone with this. I was experiencing heart phobias after my brother passed away. Yeah. it really took a major toll on me. Like every little small thing (like nausea, chest pain, throbbing on my head, feeling like your neck is squeezing the life out of you, really makes you feel like you about to die, and that's a scary thought.

I usually play video games to calm me down like I did a while back during my time my mom, my dad, and my brother were alive, but now I lost my way somehow, but I will manage to get back on my horse somehow. I realize it's a long journey ahead of me, and I will be able to find my way, one way or the other.

I understand that the death of the co-worker triggers you. I feel like my brother's death triggers me even further to the point of losing faith, but I will try my best to stand tall and will get over it. If I'm trying, you can try too. I believe in you.

Yep, been to the hospital a few times for heart issues (or so I thought). It's hard to break the thinking habit though. Obviously you are not having a heart attack, and the realistic chances of someone your age (especially in your health) are seriously likely under 1%...its just not gonna happen. Logic and reason don't work well with these thoughts as we all here know, but just as I just posted in the other thread, you've got to understand that living with severe anxiety is living a lie. You're own mind is telling you these things...those are YOUR thoughts, and this is YOUR mind and YOU can control what you think about....don't let something else tell you what you can and can't think about!

Get check-ups like normal. Remind yourself your symptoms are just from the anxiety, then focus on a movie or something :P

So not alone. Im even afraid to work out because I don't want my heart to work too hard and fail. Rediculous.

Maleymo, Your heart is not going to fail! In fact it's very good for you to get your heart beat up. By jumping jacks, running in place. This problem we have is ridiculous. None of it makes since. But it's real. I have had it since I was 18 I am now 62 still struggling with it. Trust me! Please. I do know what I'm talking about. If you want to chat. Lets. My name is Lynn I live in CO.

Be positive

Not alone at all. I have been having the same thoughts for going on a year now. I had a massive panic attack last year due to mountains of stress I buried inside for months. Finally, it all came crashing down in a major panic attack, however, I was convinced I was having a heart attack. It took everything I had to not call 911 I was so scared. I came down stairs to my step-mother and told her I thought I was having a heart attack and she told me it was definently a panic attack. Ever since then I have been scared for my heart. I also workout all the time and try to eat as healthy as I can. Everytime I eat junk food I fear that I'm making it worse. I also have the fear I'm diabetic.

Worrying about heart

My heart rate depends on how much cardio I am doing. When Im doing a lot of cardio, I have to work hard to get my heart rate above 140. When Im not doing as much cardio my heart rate stays in the 140-155 range. I have hit 160s. But my body really doesnt like my heart rate above 150s.

if you like it or not the heart will only beat limited times, then everyone of us will check out of this plane,
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore