Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Social fear stopping me from doing anything I want to try?

Basically, I feel nervous most of my life going places because I think people are always watching me, waiting for me to do something stupid to make fun of me. Usually, I have to stop myself from thinking that because I know this isn't true but that fear and the feeling of being rejected makes me hate people and myself. I tried talking to my parents about this and they don't understand exactly how I feel.

This fear also makes me look lazy because it feels like it sucks the energy right out of me due to worrying. My anxiety also gets worse than this, I get scared of losing friends due to my horrible communication skills. I have a speech impediment and a bit of a stutter(nervous) when I talk. I don't want to get a job but I do. Every time, I go to and try to get one I feel my mind is poisoning me with anxiety. I want to be optimistic but I am pessimistic. I don't want to be but it seems as if, I have no choice in the matter. It makes me lose all hope. I know this wasn't just something I was born with more like I learned this. It feels as if, my brain developed this self- defense mechanism because of me being bullied when I was little.

I don't want to take medication because I am too scared of taking pills, thinking that it is going to kill me. I want to learn a way to change my way of thinking, and conquer these feelings.

I feel the same way as you, i often feel people staring and watching at my every action and movement. In actual fact, it's probably they are not. I guess I'm just too paranoid~

Hi, I understand what u mean. I have started to do meditation to help me relax. I hope things improve for u.

Same, same, same, SAME!

I used to have severe depression, no self confidence/esteem, and social anxiety. I've overcome all of these except my social anxiety, and I don't know how to tackle this. But I'll try, and if anyone has any advice on how please message me.

Like everyone else, I feel like people judge me wherever I go. In trying to repair my self esteem, I understood this was not true and that if people were staring, it's because I look interesting or they're just curious. I have to remind myself over and over again that people are not as mean as I think they are. It helps to remind yourself of that.

However, my social anxiety debilitates me whenever I want to try something new. I want to get into acting, and I'm looking for my first job. These are all things I'm not forced to do, but chose to do, and because of it I am paralyzed with fear of rejection.

I'm trying to overcome this, but it's taking such a long time.

Eguahguahngang! So frustrating! I hate the knot I feel in my stomach! Even writing this, thinking that someone might reply to me makes me feel a flutter of nerves. I wish I could help you, but first I have to help myself :c