Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Help

Help

Can I lose weight on Paxil

no..in a much higher percentage of people, then gain weight.. You can lose weight on phentremine.

Enduronman.

The answer is definitely YES. Eat healthy and exercise, and you can certainly lose weight. It may be a little harder but it's definitely possible.

I think that although medication can have a side effect of weight gain, much of it is really just a result of feeling better. Dealing with anxiety for the first two months without meds, I dropped close to 20 pounds because I wasn't eating as much as was always nervous. I regained it all over the course of a few months on lexapro.

Do I blame the meds? Definitely not. It simply made me feel better, so I returned to my old eating habits.

I do agree with bhamlaxy that you can. You can lose weight on any meds if you eat well and exercise. The only med that I found it can be hard with is beta blockers.

I'm on a med that has a high percentage for weight gain , I have been watching what I eat & exercising & have lost 8lb 's . I'm on Dosulepin , it is known to slow metabolism & increase appetite , so not easy , but can be done !!!
    Good luck