Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Music_lover ive had something similar to that before !

I would be just resting and it would seem like i was practically asleep but slightly awake, but couldnt take back control of my body and i would get this strange rushing feeling and i would wake up in a gasp all freaked out !

Ive had it a few times only when im laying down or trying to get to sleep, anyone know what that is :shock: ?

Btw it only happened on a hangover, usually a bad one.. :?
    Impossible is nothing.

Can any of the symptoms on the list actually hurt you phyiscally ?
    Impossible is nothing.

well i wasn't drinking but i was trying to sleep. i wish i knew what it was. but since then i don;t lay on my back anymore to try and sleep or to even rest.

i don;t think they can hurt you physically, like it can;t kill you, scare you very badly, but hurt? Hm.. i guess if you were doing somehting and had an attack and got into an accient i guess, but i'm only 15 so i've never had that. sorry i'm not much help

-holly

Oh my god, that list makes me feel soooo much better.
    I have a LOT of those things.
    No wonder I'm such a hypochondriac; the symptoms of anxiety mimic the symptoms of many other serious illnesses.
    I have thought I was dying so many times.
    Not the breathing and heart attack scares for me, but definitely the digestive problems, IBS, etc. Sleep problems. Eating problems.
    The head and neck pain, muscle stiffness, aches and pains all over, spots in vision, feeling like I'm floating, dizzy, losing my equilibrium, etc.
    I've been convinced in the past that I had MS, AIDS, and several different kinds of cancer (not all at once, of course; different times).
    It never turns out to be anything.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that I truly am suffering from a full-blown anxiety disorder.
    I hope I can get insured pretty soon, so I can see a doctor about it.

Here is my list:

Chronic Fatigue
    Electric shock feeling
    Excess of energy, you feel you can’t relax.
    Feel like you are going to pass out or faint
    Feeling cold or chilled
    Hyperactivity, excess energy
    decreased sex drive
    Muscle twitching
    Neck, back, shoulder pain, tightness/stiffness
    No energy, feeling lethargic, tired
    Numbness or tingling in hands, feet, face, head, or any other places on the body
    Persistent muscle tension, stiffness
    Sore or tight scalp or back of the neck
    Startle easily
    Sweating, uncontrollable profuse sweating
    Trembling or shaking
    Warm spells
    Weak legs, arms, or muscles
    Chest pain or discomfort
    Concern about the heart
    Feel like you have to force yourself to breath
    Find it hard to breath, feeling smothered, shortness of breath
    Frequent yawning to try and catch your breath
    Heart – beating hard or too fast, rapid heartbeat, palpitations
    Heart - Irregular heart rhythms, flutters or ‘skipped’ beats, tickle in the chest that makes you cough
    Tight chest, tight chest muscles
    Dramatic mood swings
    Emotional blunting
    Emotions feel wrong
    Constant feeling of being overwhelmed.
    Fear of dying
    Fear of impending doom
    Fears about irrational things, objects, circumstances, or situations
    Fears of going crazy, of dying, of impending doom, of normal things, unusual feelings and emotions, unusually frightening thoughts or feelings
    Dizziness or light-headedness
    Frequent headaches, migraine headaches
    Feeling like there is a tight band around your head, pressure, tightness
    Shooting pains in the scalp or head
    When you close your eyes you feel like are beginning to, or will, float upwards
    Sore jaw that feels like a tooth ache
    TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular Joint) - clenching of the jaw or grinding of the teeth
    Low rumbling sounds
    Ringing in the ears, noises in the ears, noises in the head
    Desensitization, depersonalization
    Fear of impending doom
    Feelings of unreality
    Frequent feeling of being overwhelmed, or that there is just too much to handle or do
    Having difficulty concentrating
    Obsession about sensations or getting better
    Racing thoughts, Rapid thinking
    Repetitive thinking or incessant ‘mind chatter’
    Underlying anxiety, apprehension, or fear
    You often feel you are carrying the world on your shoulders
    Always feeling angry and lack of patience
    Frequently being on edge or 'grouchy'
    Have no feelings about things you used to
    Underlying anxiety, apprehension, or fear
    Constant craving for sugar or sweets
    Frequent upset stomach, bloating, gaseous
    Lack of appetite or taste
    Nausea or abdominal stress
    The thought of eating makes you nauseous
    Difficulty falling or staying asleep
    Frequent bad, bizarre, or crazy dreams
    Hearing sounds in your head that jolt you awake
    Insomnia, or waking up ill in the middle of the night
    Jolting awake
    Waking up in a panic attack
    You feel worse in the mornings
    Distorted, foggy, or blurred vision
    Dry, watery or itchy eyes
    Eye tricks, seeing things our of the corner of your eye that isn’t there, stars, flashes
    Eyes sensitive to light
    Spots in the vision
    Flashing lights when eyes are closed
    Your depth perception feels wrong
    Numbness
    Pain
    Tingling, pins and needles feelings

Other symptoms are described as:
    Being like a hypochondriac, muscle twinges, worry all the time, tingles, gagging, tightness in the chest, tongue twitches, shaky, breath lump, heart beat problems, head tingles, itchy tingling in arms and legs, and so many more.

In addition to these symptoms, I find myself worrying compulsively about:
    • Having a heart attack
    Having a serious undetected illness
    • Dying prematurely
    • Losing control
    • Fainting in public
    • Not breathing properly
    • Being alone

Has anyone been temporarily disabled by a full blown attack?

Sitting on a bench miles from home (at work), trying to calm down, 10 mg valium taken 1 hour previously had done nothing which is a first for me (since 2002, lorazepam or diazepam ALWAYS got rid of them). Did I leave it too late? Or is this a worrying progression? I am now incredibly apprehensive about going to work and have not been since, about 10 days ago.

Tried to reassure myself by checking my pulse, only 90 bpm :roll: . Nothing wrong there then! I try and get up to walk home (bus stop) but I just can't do it, heart feels like it is going to leave my body through my mouth, legs fail to function and I nearly pass out.

Absolutely horrific feeling, made worse by having no credit on my mobile to call anyone :cry:. I was stuck there, physically unable to move

Got out of it in the end, but has anyone else been in a similar situation? How normal is it? Made infinitely worse as it was in the middle of a crowded street so lying down etc was not really an option.

Just thought I would post a new development in my fight of panic disorder, a relative inexperienced pup as I got my first episode in 2002.

Yea, another couple of symptoms I've had:

Aching behind eyes
    One pupil more dialated than the other (alternates/returns to normal)
    Unstraight eye (points slightly outwards)

Anyone else had this?

Oh my, how many times this has happened to me. The problem with this is you start not wanting to go any place in fear of it happening again! You need to bring a small paper sack with you or cup your hands over your mouth and breath in through nose out throught mouth. This will stop the hyperventalation. I have had to do this while driving so I won't have a panic attack with my kids in the car while I'm at the wheel! When you get to this point you have to get tough with your mind and say "well, we are going to go out even if we panic through it. I have been out fighting off panic episoide after episoide like my mind is trying to be independent of me or something! I just cup my hands over my mouth (as silly as I feel) and breath in nose out mouth until I calm, then I go as far as I can until it plays itself out again( at first sometimes as quick as 5 min. later, but this will go away). Now I can go months with out episoide. If it comes on, sometimes it sneaks on and I think I'm really sick for a min., I just cup my hands and go on. It is hard to start this, but you don't want it to over come your life! You are prown to anxiety, think of it as IBS(my husband) or one limb(my father). You still have to live your life. I came on this site today because it snuck back in my life lately. I want to quit smoking because I feel crappy, so my mind decided to make me think I was getting hyperthyroid or cancer. This should've helped me quit, but instead it made me want to sneak out to my hiding spot and have more cigs. I didn't recognize the anxiety for a few days, then I realized I was just having a tricky anxiety attack. I came on to talk about it and feel better so I can once again slap my mind into shape!! She's a tricky little thing! I started wanting my husband to stay home from work with me in case I died while with the kids. lol I haven't been exercising lately, which I'll tell ya, really gets rid of anxiety and helps to limit the panic attacks. If you can get past the "what if I die when I exercise" part, then it really does the trick. That's why I want to quit smoking, so I will feel I have more control over myself. I hope this has helped you, don't give in to the mind monster, you are stronger. Keep going to forums, they really help. Strengh be with you, Mrs. Nervous:shock: :? 8)
    Mrs.Nervous

Hi Jitters,

Thank you so much for listing down the symptoms that could be anxiety...This will us here in the boards a lot.

Take care and God Bless!!!!

I get only one main symptom and that's extreme nausea... to the point where five minutes in, I can't even talk because I feel like I will throw up.

I have a general feeling of nausea and upset stomach pretty much all day, but during panic it just gets extreme.