Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: New here

New here

Hi, I'm Jane

I have not been diagnosed as having anxiety. But I believe I do have it, even if it's a very mild case. I want to go to my doctor about my insomnia symptoms I've been having but when I confronted my family about anxiety and insomnia they said its just nerves. Im very anxious when I attend parties and have frequently rejected invites because of it. I get very yawny and drink a lot of water because of the tightness in my throat. I get stomach upsets the feeling of wanting to cry when in attending parties/strangers house/school/speeches/eating in public/phone ringing/knocking at door etc.. I also feel a difficulty with being separated with my family when I attend school. Family has told me that I need to get over my anxiousness, that everybody gets nervous when presenting, or attending parties. They have also told me that the insomnia will dissipate when I settle back into school. I've had these feelings for over 2 years. I get about 7 hrs of disrupted sleep (waking up myself and have difficulty falling asleep) and Im scared this will affects my schoolwork and that I'll end up leaving from being so tired and nervous of school everyday. I would love to have your guys opinions. I appreciate your support.
    Thanks
    ~Jane

When I was a kid I had these same problems that made me leave school early. While it is true everyone does get nervous in social situations now and then some people feel these feelings more then normal and that sometimes warrants help. If you feel you need to talk to somone such as a therapist then do so. Even a school counselor if thats all you can get ahold of. I know it must be hard to have people around you who cant understand because theyve never felt it for themselves but if you explain you may want to try to get help hopefully they will take the situation more seriously.

Thanks so so much. I might go to the school counsellor when I can next