I'm new to the site and this is my first post - so I hope I'm posting in the right place!

Firstly, I'm after some advice. I started experiencing very strong panic attacks when I was 11 years old, during the transition from primary to secondary school. At the time I wasn't aware that I was subjected to such a high level of anxiety, and just suspected I was coming down with something. Little did I know this problem would continuously escalate and stop me attending school for four years.

After experiencing rehabilitation and continuing education through home tuition, I finally felt strong enough to attend school again and I entered back into higher education this year. At first it was considerably difficult but as time progressed I found it a lot easier to deal with, and the routine became expected and easy to get along with. But during the last few weeks, the same amount of anxiety I experienced several years ago is beginning to kick back in. I find myself missing lessons to help myself calm down and I fear that it's going to have an effect on my future career - Am I ever going to fully overcome anxiety?

This year is possibly the most important of my life so far. I'll be sitting exams that will determine whether I can enter my chosen universities or not, so as you can imagine I don't want to be missing any school now and definitely not slipping back into the events that occured a few years ago.

If anyone has any advice or recommendations for me, or wants to share their stories of similar situations, I'd be very grateful!

Thank you!