Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Anxiety help and cognitive behavioural therapy worksheets - from professional body.

Hi, I've been suffering with anxiety for over a year and a half now coming up two. I recently finally went to the doctors to get my anxiety sorted out once and for all. They sent me to a therapist there who has been helping me with through my anxiety (GAD) she has been using these worksheets to aid in my therapy. I'm not saying these are to replace a professional opinion and not by any means all the tools available but I feel it may be beneficial for people to have the materials available who are afraid like I was to go to the doctors. So please have a look it's a government website, no fees or anything like that it's from my doctor and is used around the country possibly world. Please feel free to leave a comment or pm me as I want to help as people did for me all rights are reserved to the governing body etc etc.

Add ww* to the front of the link as I cannot post links until I accumulate 25 points XD

.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax_doc.cfm?Mini_ID=46

Follow this link and all the information is there thank you please let me know if you found this useful or not!

Great link Bradaz. Had a quick look and I think the workbooks could be really helpful for some people.
    Thanks for posting it.
    B x
    P.s could be good to sticky this post

Yeah but it's probably expensive :P

checked the link, looked through the worksheets and it's all free

Thank you for the comments I'm not sure how to 'sticky' it! but it's all free, no sign ups or what ever is a government website just hope some people have a read through them and hopefully it helps!

I love any kind of written help I can refer to. I have been suffering for entirely too long. I am post partum also and everyone seems to think I need a pill. They never work, they make me feel even more off than I already am, and I just dont want to be on medication for negative thinking. I am seriously starting to bother the people around me I cannot let it go. I have a beautiful baby and instead of enjoying our time together I am worrying about if I am breathing ok, or if I am too dizzy and about to pass out. This is ridiculous. I have been tested numerous times, but never the serious CAT scan or MRI testing. I do not have insurance so everything is a million times harder just knowing I cannot go just make sure it is nothing. But seriously I keep fighting every day. When I wake up and say to myself I am going to have a marvellous day it seems to help at least start the day. In the end I still have my episodes but yet I managed to do everything I set out to do. Why cant I see that! Anone with help please feel free to message me I can use any help as I am at the end of my rope! I would never harm myself because I am TERRIFIED of dying which is why I have the panic anxiety to begin with but I certainly do not want to live like this any longer.

Very kind of you to post this. Thank you! I could not agree more with the post above me. I don't want to be medicated for negative thoughts . I want to figure out how to deal with my issues.

Thank-you for posting this link. It is a valuable tool to help someone who will not or cannot afford to see proff council or family Dr. It can be done on your own with alot of will power but that is where many of us get trapped. It soooo tiring to fight with ones self. You need to make up your own mind which side will win to rid yourself of the funk once and for all. It is not a short process and taking very small steps is the key to your own success. I personally have had a re-lapse by going back at it to fast and at 100 %. There was no RTW -return to work plan in place for me and was faced with a deadline not 15 min's back to work and was not ready for that nor ready to say that to my Supr having all ready been away for an extended "VACATION" as he calls it. That still burns my butt. Thursday nights have been the killer for me. Very fatiqued by then which allows the demons to return. Your thoughtfullness by posting this link is very appreciated !

Hello, im new here. I have been suffering with anxiety, pd,ptsd,and depression for about 14 years. I have been on zoloft for about 10 years. I recently tried to get off it but my moods got really bad and i felt sick. So i went back on but to just half the dose. I have bb's and zanax but i dont take them cuz im too scared to. I have a job that i hate and it stresses me out so bad. But im affraid to leave it becuz i need the money and becuz of fear that i will get panic attacks somewhere else. I dont travel far from my house. I have to be in the right state of mind to do so. Any advice you can give me would be great! I feel like my life is passing me by. I really want to go back to my career as a financial advisor but im scared of the panic.

This is great have to look more into it later tho. but thanks