Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

*Sigh* so many ups and downs

First off, let me say that I'm doing much better since getting help than before I sought out help for my anxiety/depression disorder.

However..as some of you may have read in my other posts, I had been dealing with numerous gallbladder attacks since April 20th. I eventually was able to have surgery to have it removed, but since the attacks first happened-- I have noticed higher levels of anxiety and stress going on.. I'm noticing that my bad moods seem to be coming back more and I'm stressing out easier/yelling at the kids more....

So, today I went for my Psychiatrist visit and then after that I had my therapist appointment. While seeing my Psychiatrist, I told her that the meds didn't seem to be working as well as they did in the beginning. She decided to up my dosage of the prozac to see how I do on it. I told her before the gallbladder attacks, I was going days and days without needing to take any Ativan. But once the gallbladder attacks came, I was starting to need the Ativan more and more and I found myself taking them 3 times a day (which was my maximum dosage for them)... So hopefully the increased dosage of prozac will help and then I won't need the Ativan as much.

But.. I woke up today in a sort of blah kind of mood but I wasn't depressed or upset... As the day has gone on, my mood has gotten more and more depressed.. Now I find myself sitting here on my couch writing how bummed and depressed I'm feeling... I just wish I could get a grasp on the anxiety/depression... I've had some more stressors added into my life recently which caused more anxiety for myself but I need to handle it better. Speaking with my therapist, she wanted me to begin something called "thought stopping".. Any time I find myself thinking negatively and getting stressed, I need to tell myself to Stop... I will do that repeatedly until I can keep the negative thoughts out of my mind and I can replace them with something positive..

We'll see how it goes.. But I've had these issues for roughly 13 years or so, so it's going to be a long process to teach myself to not think so negatively... anyone else going through this?

Completely understand. Not the gallbladder thing but the anxiety depression and moodiness, short with the kids. U are not alone! It's horrible. In my case I had kidney stones but my anxiety subsided. Maybe because I had something to distract my attention. I wasn't having surgery or I think I'd b taking more Xanax than I could imagine. I think everything u r feeling is normal for someone suffering with anxiety. Even if u weren't and anxiety sufferer, having an organ removed would make anyone anxious. Hang in there. Maybe once it's out it may make u feel better and who knows, it could b the issue! I wish u the best!

Well it takes some time to learn deal with anxiety without meds, you will have some bad days, some good days but that's it, creating good habit to talk to yourself positively is very important

Unless you are having serious panic attacks or similar, you shouldn't stay on those meds for more than a few months. Most people who have taken them will tell you that they fry your nerves. I was put on meds and I almost developed Parkinson.

It's totally understandable that gall bladder attacks would spike your anxiety. My girlfriend had them and I can't imagine living in fear of that extreme pain! Congratulations on getting it out.

Unfortunately, that time of heightened anxiety can easily continue. I too do some of the "thought stopping". It can be tough, but do your best. I have started to realize how often I think about anxiety/depression. Sometime's it's once a minute or more! Anyone with anxiety has their best moments when they temporarily forget they have it or don't think about it. Try and distract yourself, and if you think about it just say STOP!