Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rescue Remedy - It Works!

I just wanted to share with everyone about something that has helped me with my anxiety. It is called Bach's Rescue Remedy and you can get it in stores like GNC ect. I have been using it the past 6 months for situations where I would get anxious. It has helped with presentations ect. Last night I had a pretty bad panic attack and I managed to subdue it fairly quickly using the Rescue Remedy. I had to take a few doses of it but I was amazed how fast it calmed me down. It is a all natural product that comes in a dropper bottle. You just put some drops under your tongue and your good to go. It may not work for everyone but I have had great success with it. Just thought I would share because maybe it will help other sufferers out there.

I used to always grab the Klonopins at first sign of a panic attack, but then I started grabbing Rescue Remedy. Instead of grabbing meds, I would grab the Rescue Remedy spray. You can spray it in your mouth unlimited times per day and just carry it with you in your pocket. Sometimes just holding it in my hand and squeezing the bottle, or just knowing it was in my pocket, was enough for me to be able to go out in public.

Highly Recommended!

I remember years ago I pretty much drank a bottle of rescue remedy to get me through my driving test. To be honest I view rescue remedy as having a placebo effect but I am always cynical when it comes to natural/herbal remedies. I often think if it was that great then doctor's would be precribing it and not medication. I also think that maybe it helps for minor anxiety but not for someone who suffers true anxiety and panic attacks. But as I said, I am a cyinic. I think I'll go get some though and give it another go.

Here's another supplement that is VERY highly reviewed- http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Vitali.../dp/B000WVYB8Y

I've been wanting to try it but am nervous about it mixing with my SSRI (should be fine but still).

Need to try one or both of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I often think if it was that great then doctor's would be precribing it and not medication.
    This unfortunately, is not how the world works.

Herbal Remedies that are powerful are not placebo because they contain actual chemicals inherent in the herbs that create physiological changes. All pharmaceuticals just mask symptoms or get the patient better in the short term, without any long term benefit. Rescue Remedy may be placebo, because it doesn't contain a lot like herbal remedies, but it worked for me. It's flower essences.

A true powerful herbal remedy for anxiety and panic is Eastern Essentials Calm and Relaxed Formula. This is definitely not a placebo.

http://www.amazon.com/Relaxed--Natur...9474569&sr=1-1

I really do not think it is a placebo effect because I have taken it during full blown panic attacks and it helped very quickly. Taking a benzo during one of these attacks also helped but took much longer. Im not sure it how it works but I know it has really helped me out.

-Bhamlaxy

I actually use the Natural Calm magnesium and it does help with anxiety greatly. I recommend you also look into Magnesium Taurate. It is supposed to be on the the most absorbable Magnesium supplements. Natural Calm is great but you can only take so much at once or you will have a laxative effect. Either way its a good product and I recommend it. There is a ton of research out there on Magnesium for anxiety and all sorts of other things.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bhamlaxy
    Here's another supplement that is VERY highly reviewed- http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Vitali.../dp/B000WVYB8Y

I've been wanting to try it but am nervous about it mixing with my SSRI (should be fine but still).

Need to try one or both of these.
    I use natural calm. It changes your poop a little bit but besides that its just magnesium - magnesium is in multivitamins and we need it to live. I take it with celexa an SSRI and have no problems but if itd make you feel reassured, ask your dr first. I noticed it helps me sleep better at night. Someone on here recommended it to me.

My dads a dr and told me that chelated magnesium is absorbed better by the body than magnesium citrate (in natural calm). So you might look into chelated magnesium pills as well. Natural calm does taste bad but you just have to shoot it down quick lol

Another decent homeopathic remedy is Hyland's Nerve Tonic; you have to take it more than once a day but it does help take the edge off.

You can get a chelated Magnesium such as Magnesium Glycinate or Magnesium Taurate that will not have a laxative effect. Magnesium Calm is Magnesium Citrate and that causes the laxative effect.

Despite being cynical I do know that Rescue Remedy really works for some people so I've ordered some from Holland and Barrett (but one get one half price, yay).
    Awhile ago I started taking Magnesium and vitamin B complex daily and I do feel a lot better these days but it's hard to tell if it's because of meds, therapy or vitamins- probably a combination of all 3.
    In an ideal world I would just use natural/herbal remedies and no prescription meds- maybe one day (fingers crossed).