Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What are the active ingredients of Rescue Remedy?

"Rescue Remedy is a unique combination of five BachTM Original Flower Remedies all working on emotional imbalances associated with daily stressful situations:

Rock Rose - for terror and panic
    Impatiens - for irritation and impatience
    Clematis - for inattentiveness and to counteract faintness
    Star of Bethlehem - for shock
    Cherry Plum - for irrational thoughts and lack of self control"

Taken from:
    http://askville.amazon.com/main-ingr...estId=10743942

Ok, so it's all natural. That's good. Thanks.

Rescue Remedy is made of flowers sitting in water and the water extracts the flower essences. Like a type of tea. It's in a brandy base but you take only very very little so you don't get drunk or anything,. We are talking like 2-4 drops worth.

I've just found this forum and although this thread is a year old, I'd like to add my thoughts.

I have struggled with anxiety for many years and was introduced to Rescue Remedy back in the early nineties. I have always found Rescue Remedy has helped with my anxiety, maybe some people feel it is only a placebo effect, I'm not sure but whenever I have needed it, it has helped calm me down.

It can take a little while depending on the level of anxiety I am feeling and I only take it neat if I really need to, otherwise I use it with water.