Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

An Anxiety Test to try

Here's an interesting anxiety/depression test to check out:

http://www.paniccenter.net/anxietytest/

The results they give you are presented in a "Letter to your Physician" format, with different sections highlighting each possible anxiety disorder problem, as well as any comorbid depressive disorders.

For me, the test was pretty accurate, but it did mistakenly conclude that I had 'agoraphobic avoidance'. The problem is, it asks what locales do you avoid, but doesn't ask why you avoid them, it just assumes you avoid them for reasons related to agoraphobia. For me, I avoid those places (or at least get anxiety in them) because of the people present, not just the surroundings or lack of security/safety.

As for the rest, it did mention social anxiety, public speaking, and chronic depression in its final analysis - which are all correct.

In general, I think its a good quick analysis for people that aren't sure what they have (or if they actually have anything). Its not 100% acccurate, but its a good attempt at giving a person (or their psychiatrist) a starting point.

Give it a shot, let me know how it worked for you =)

dan

Shoey, that anxiety test was somewhat accurate for me, it did say I have agoraphobic avoidance, but it didn't say I met the DSM-iv (splg) criteria for panic. I do have panic disorder, but I guess I wasn't too sure about my own symptoms when I took the test. Im pleased with the result of the test, and I think it needs a little work.

Good job on finding the test.

I would say that the test was right on the money, if it hadn't said something about me having a bit of agoraphobia because I avoid the following places:

# standing in line
    # malls
    # stores
    # theatres
    # grocery stores / supermarkets
    # restaurants

Those are mostly places people with social phobia tend to avoid. Sufferers don't avoid those places because it tends to be "open"; because of density and number of people at those places. For example at restaurants, I'll worry about people judging my eating or drinking habits. With standing line, you have people behind you who are looking at you checkout and etc. Those are just all social anxiety stressors which make things worse.

If I had to give that test a letter grade it'd be a B-.

:!:
    Always,
    James

[b]My Other Sites[/b]:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That was a very interesting as well as helpful survey. Thank you so much for sharing it.

moviefreak, there's more anxiety & depression screening sites listed in the 'Resources' section, you might want to check those out since this 'panic center' one does tend to be a bit off for people