Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaHaagen View Post
    Hi,

My name is Jenna Haagen and I'm currently a freshman at Arizona State University. For my English assignment, I chose to research about Agoraphobia and Panic Disorder. I have done some research, but one of the requirements is a primary source. So, I was hoping I could find someone to interview over Skype. If you are interested, please respond and we'll work out a way to get in touch. Thank you so much!
    Only just seen this so a bit late now , It's where you don't like been in big open spaces like parks etc

Quote Originally Posted by locksey View Post

Only just seen this so a bit late now , It's where you don't like been in big open spaces like parks etc
    That's how it is with me anyway .... It's been away to far from my car etc and everything is just big and open and there is nowhere to go

It's a normal human reaction to a shrinking world - it a consequence to a growing action that seems will never cease! Looking to escape from crowded places with little room is NORMAL - whats not is making taking these otherwise natural instincts and turning them into some kind of crisis conditions that warrants all sufferers to be termed problematic individuals in the way of an otherwise sort out higher population to feed the offering bags and turn the wheel.

It's yet another symptom in a long list that beckons to be the new label to which we all can cling too and keep us enslaved with yet a new identity.

Trust me, you would know it, if you had it.

Well, I know I am just a bit too careful in this so called, "Shrinking World" as you call it. My life is microscopically managed and controlled by my personal,"Comfort Zone." I feel as though I will dye if I had to live my life any differently.

I am sensitive to weather conditions, to smells, to rough attitudes, to crazy, madd dogs, to Not traveling as i once did when I had a co-pilot , next to me in the passenger's seat.

It's esp different for me since in my 20's I was planning on marrying my 1st serious partner in life, but after things changed, and my life just became a bit more tight and limited in many ways. And to find out that my 1st "True Love" was found dead(and i say this on Valentine's Day too), makes me that much more afraid of living my life to its fullest ALL by my Fricken Self.

I don't see new people like i once did in college, many women marry the men they meet during college, this was my 1st 1/2 of my life story. But after college things got tight, there were decisions to be made, and my former Love didn't want me in his ,"Big Picture" of how he wanted to live his life to the fullest.

1st he broke up w/ me, after i had just graduated from grad school and was interviewing for a ,"City Job." Then, after trying so hard and just NOT making the role for the job of My Dreams, in spite of 3 yrs experience like my other friend who landed the job I wanted so badly, but it helped in his case that he was asian, though he didn't speak any dialect of that sort, and 2ndly he was gay. Well, I was neither of the above, but we both had gone to the same grad school, had very similiar training experiences, and he was chosen over me.

So, when I had to move on in my life after The Break-Up, I really had to Binge on friggen Humble Pie in the eye of a 4 eyed gal. Then I just went back to working in my original profession as I had as an under grad graduate. My life stayed very , boring, simple, and uneventful, except for my parents passing away on me just recently.

So Now I find myself , like that test ? while under stress I focus extra intensely, and just get the job done, in spite of low energy, or a bad day, or whatever.

Now I am a bit worried of what I shall do about a newer car. My car was passed on to me from my parents. It's an 89 but always was taken care of very well. I am anxious in having to choose, eventually a newer car, or a new car, and so I must save my money up so I may be able to purchase a newer car sometime soon.

Perhaps in a year or 2, down the road or so???Thats the true and simple story of my friggen life, or lack there of it. And to me, it feels pretty darn Agoraphobic in my oppinion. However, none of my Dr's even Listen to my self diagnosis or past hang ups which helped to put me in this, "Uncomfortable Zone of Life."
    Last edited by 1Bluerose68; 02-14-2015 at 04:18 PM.

Do kids get this problem too, 1 day at the mall this lil kid just dropped to the floor and began screaming and kicking her legs in the air. It wasn't an epiliptic fit either. She just was acting so unusual, i had never witnessed a child doing this at the mall before. And I grew up as a teen working there through my 1st 3 yrs of college, and during seasonal times too. Around what age does this Agoraphobia begin, and at what point in life is it actually diagnosed as Agoraphobia?

Yes, i hate that. I have a job whee i must observe a lot and my eyes have been twitching a lot on me lately....I think its also anxiety of going out in the world to work.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Bluerose68 View Post
    Do kids get this problem too, 1 day at the mall this lil kid just dropped to the floor and began screaming and kicking her legs in the air. It wasn't an epiliptic fit either. She just was acting so unusual, i had never witnessed a child doing this at the mall before. And I grew up as a teen working there through my 1st 3 yrs of college, and during seasonal times too. Around what age does this Agoraphobia begin, and at what point in life is it actually diagnosed as Agoraphobia?
    I did this when I was around 2 or 3 years of age if i did not get my way..even beat my head on floor to point of having bruises. Mom said i was having or throwing a fit. They broke me of iy by throwing ice cold water in my face, the shock of it will break you from having a fit. Old home remedy. If you have not guessed we grewup in a very rural area.

Yes, i hate that. I have a job whee i must observe a lot and my eyes have been twitching a lot on me lately....I think its also anxiety of going out in the world to work.
    I don't work, but also have the eye twitches. Get some tinted glasses - trust me.
    "I have no limits, no filter, no class, no poise. No decorum. Just fun"

Agoraphobia is an interesting and saddening fear. My grandmother suffered from it and would not leave the house for months at a time. My ex-wife also suffers from it and will not leave her house for weeks at a time, and even gets anxious checking the mail.
    Everybody is beautiful. Don't give up hope, there is happiness and peace in the future.

God Bless.

http://www.velocityltd.org/anxiety.html