Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Question

Question

can anyone relate to the following. I am much dizzier/lightheaded when I stand up after sitting down when I am anxious. If I sit for a while when not anxious I am not dizzy when I stand ?

Yep 100% Its because your mind is always on the subject which seems to be the root of the whole problem. Anxiety is a worry disorder and worying in itself makes it worse. Time seemed to make it better for me but now ive got more symptoms (see my post here) and im worried again. But yeah that lightheaded / zombie / daydreaming feeling u get is def 100% worse wen ur anxious / thinking about it.

Take care and best of luck

Jarvis

I feel light headed and dizzy too. My hands get tingly too. I guess it happens when you get anxious.

:|

My Chair, My Living Room, My Flat, My Street, Louth, Lincolnshire, England, UK, Planet Earth.
    Yep its very common I think it is to do with the blood oxygen being used up by the internal organs and the fact we dont breathe properly when anxious see the following link for a full list of anxiety related symptoms: http://www.anxietyforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1197

Duncan
    In a mad world only the mad are sane

Akira Kurosawa