Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Texan Fan View Post
    I'm new here and just caught your message. I never considered my experience a success story but more of "Survivor's story". .................................................. .................................................. ...............................I believe I know how to beat it....a lot of strength, a sense of humor....and learn all you can from this time of your life....It will mean much more in the future, as to how YOU live your life.
    Hello and Welcome 1Texan Fan. Really enjoyed all of what you had to say. Thank You.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

The drive home is always anxiety-free for me. When I worked in childcare I had to push myself every morning until I survived better. I found that the children would talk to me and ask for my help, at first it was hard but I realised they needed me. I used them as a stepping stone out of the anxiety. The more they needed me, the less I felt like vomiting. Some maternal instinct must have kicked in and clouded the agoraphobia? I'm not sure. I enjoyed my work and on a good day I felt free.

HI =) im NEW

Hey people,

I used to be a sufferer of agoraphobia. However, I have managed to get in terms with it so to the extent I am living my life again now. Sure I still have issues with anxiety but I no longer let HER rule me from doing what I want to do. If you wish you can check my instagram anxietysavvvy and learn how I have come out the other side =) on there is also a link to my online blog which has more information.

Quote Originally Posted by averbelaur View Post
    Hey people,

I used to be a sufferer of agoraphobia. However, I have managed to get in terms with it so to the extent I am living my life again now. Sure I still have issues with anxiety but I no longer let HER rule me from doing what I want to do. If you wish you can check my instagram anxietysavvvy and learn how I have come out the other side =) on there is also a link to my online blog which has more information.

Thanks! I will check it out.

I still have agoraphobia but lately I have been forcing myself to leave the house and I'm healing!

My aunt used to have agoraphobia. She was completely housebound at one point. So she began exposing herself slowly by going in her yard, around the block, etc. She used medication at home (not sure which one). Later on, when she was feeling up to it, she went to therapy and they helped her through a lot!

Now, she travels the world Last year she went to Africa and spent several weeks living with them.

I too have suffered for years but you don't have to.

A billionaire was once asked how does he achieve success. He replied that he sets goals and achieve them.

He said he had a 3 step formula for achieveing goals.

1. Have a very strong desire to achieve that goal.

2. Find out the price you need to pay to achieve that goal.

3. Be determined to pay the price.

To conquer, your agoraphobia, you must take cognisance of the above 3.

I am presently undergoing exposure therapy and it's painful but very therapeutic.

It takes 21 days to rewire the brain and create new pathways and thought patterns.

In order to achieve that, I have started walking down a long street in my neighborhood every day. I also go to a shopping mall and enter the largest supermarket daily. I also go to the KFC or any joint and sit, even if its for 5 minutes.

I also try I interact with the opposite sex everyday but this as been a challenge as don't know many girls in my neighborhood. Also, I have been badly bullied by low lifes in my hood and this has given me a bad image so approaching females won't be easy with a bad image.

I have started seeing some improvements such as being less tense around people. Even my friend is stunned.

So one of the price you'll have to pay is exposure therapy. Think of what you fear and expose yourself to that fear for about 15minutes a day. It is best you do it when you are sure of getting a panic attack. It is the panic attack you're afraid off. So take a little caffeine.

The more you expose yourself, the more your brain tells you there is nothing to fear.

Initially you'll freak out but stay the course.

So find out what you have to do and stay the course. It takes 21 days to rewire your brain

I'm relapsing right now (hence why I'm on this forum) but I had great success in the past. Klonopin and Prozac carried me to where I was able to travel and even went sky diving once. The thing is that no matter how bad it gets, you really have to just stay positive no matter how corny that sounds. One way or another, it gets better if you put in the time and the effort. I'm at a low point right now but I know I'll pull out of it and that knowledge is what's driving me forward.

I will say this much..

To totally avoid all triggers in this world, one would have to hide away from society (which Is what I'm currently doing sadly). Each day that goes by is another step backwards (huge steps). As I sit here, I'm telling myself today was just another wasted day gone by and tomorrow is another new day. Tomorrow is not a promise/guarantee for anybody. Every moment is so precious and time is really not on our side (I'm 43 and don't want this for myself, I envision a much better future than this meaningless existence). Deep down if I soul search, I understand, I will indeed be triggered out there in the real world in society and its impossible to expect otherwise. Maybe its a game of chances then, good chances I will be triggered and set off by something, but living like this, one hundred percent chance I will remain alone and empty. I try to say to myself just take it day-by-day (even thought I don't truly believe this works), but its all I have to work with now. I feel sometimes as I could get back to work someday and create a life for myself. I spend every waking moment trying to figure out where it went wrong and fell apart, rather than how to pick up the pieces and move forward. I know it won't be easy, but so worth it.

I guess its to try to stay positive and hopeful and never give up. I found the above postings helpful.

i'm glad that someone has posted on simply success stories- it just goes to show how many people are successful in over coming agoraphobia. I spent the last 4 years watching my sister battle with agoraphobia. I struggled to understand agoraphobia initially, but did my research - every website, every book possible. I made it my mission to get my sister past this battle in her life. It wasn't easy, but she is through the other side. This was all made possible with Unconscious Mind Therapy treatment.

I took my sister to see Robert Hisee, the UKs no. one UMT therapist. You may have heard of him, he is known as The Hypnotist Man. Based just out of london i was very impressed with the success stories found online about Roberts work. Hopeful for the same results, we were not disappointed. Robert Hisee came over to my sisters house, straight away put my sister at ease and i could see her opening up to him straight away, such a genuine man. Having left Robert to work with my sister for a couple of hours, i was absolutely shocked when i came back from the shop to find them no longer sat in the living room.a few minutes later, they came strolling through the front door - so casually like you and I would do, however my sister had not stepped a foot out the house for 4 YEARS!!! i could see from her face, she was ecstatic. The days to follow, i finally had my sister back. The Hypnotist Man's therapy work with my sister has so far been 100% successful and this is a few months down the line. we are never turning back. You MUST see Robert for help. he is amazing

Hello, My name is Tina. I'm new to this site. I wouldn't mind to hear your story. I have severe anxiety and agoraphobia.