Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I can't believe I've found so many of u with the same thing as me! I'm so happy I'm not alone in this as I thought I was.

Although I don't think I have it as bad as some of you, I don't have a problem with eating out in restaurants or going out in general. I'm 22, and unlike my other friends, didn't start drinking alcohol until I was about 19 as I was just too scared I'd be sick. I didn't realise that all my friends drank too much alcohol and that's why they were sick, I just thought it was something you had to deal with.

I've suffered from anxiety on and off since I was 5 years old in varying intensitys. I was very bad when it started, getting up almost every night feeling sick. It gradually reduced to 3 times a week, then once a week, once a fortnight, then hardly ever. As I got older it returned so I went to see a Hypnotherapist who really helped me get over my anxiety, I didn't worry at all about being sick unless I was actually ill

Over the past 2 years though my anxiety has gradually returned....although it's not nearly as bad as it was when I was young. I've been through a lot over the past 2 years with my fiancee so I do put it down to stress. It seems a lot of my friends and family don't understand what I find so distressing about vomiting, and to be honest I don't either. I've vomited enough times in my life to know what happens and that it does eventually stop, but lately I just seem to be on pins waiting for the next time I'll be sick, and that's no way to live.

The currentt swine flu pandemic is not helping my nerves either, I feel like I'm constantly on pins waiting to contract it and start vomiting (one of my close friends recently contracted it and was violently vomiting for about 3 hours). At the same time I think I've already got swine flu, have been feeling sick, dizzy, headachey, and had a slight temperature. BUt instead of just thinking to myself "Oh I've got it but I'm one of those people who doesn't vomit with it", I'm instead thinking "Oh I obviously haven't had it yet cuz I haven't been sick but I'll get it soon enough"

Talk about negative thinking...anyway sorry for long post, got carried away. I'm just glad to know I'm not alone

hi all, im yet another emet. im 24 and ive had it since i was 7. detto to the swine flu thing, lol. but i try to keep telling myself that whatever happens i dont care cos everything passes one way or another anyway. and that either im going to be sick anyway or i make it happen by panicking so fear wont help me and i might as well relax. it helps often but not always. sometimes i still let my negative thinking take the upper hand.
    No matter how fast light goes, darkness will always be there first.