Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

buspar? anxiety.

Hey everyone. I am new here. I have been sick for the last 9 months with extremely light headed feeling (pressure to my head) and feeling I am going to faint. After seeing my neurologist, ENT and several general doctors they still can't solve my issue. Now on top of everything else I am extremely anxious all the time. I am scared to drive or leave the house with my doctor. I have a hard time sitting still for long (sitting with a group of people ) or waiting in a line. I tried zoloft and a couple other meds but I am not depressed. I have a great life an amazing husband and beautiful daughter. I am not depressed, but I am extremely anxious. Xanax helps short term when needed, but I don't want to take it all the time if I don't have to. So now I am on buspar I have been taking 7.5 mg everynight and I will start taking 7.5 mg every morning as of tomorrow. So it will be twice a day. I am praying it helps. I am only 25 years old I am to young to give up on life and stay at home everyday.

Any advice is appreciated!!

Lynneea

I have been on buspar for two mo now it works good for me I think you will good for you without all the side affects and it is non addictive I know you will be fine I do suggest trying to not use the xanax that stuff is highly addictive oanother thing you can try is the deep breathing exercises and try meditation that's the best way to help you overcome anxiety and just rememberas bad as anxiety it will not harm you