Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: I am new here

I am new here

Hello, I am new to this site but definitely not to anxiety. I think I have been dealing with it since my teens (I'm now in my late twenties). Lately it has been so unbearable. I don't want to get out of bed or get dressed. My heart isn't racing but every beat feels strained. I don't have insurance so I have never been under a doctors care. Do any of you know what a doctor might do for me on my initial visit? Doctors give me anxiety. Anyway I'm confused because my anxiety is throughout the entire day. Some points of the day are worse than others but I feel it continuously. What is that? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm new here too, but sadly don't have any doctor to recommend. Been dealing with anxiety for about a year, but the last few weeks have been unbearable. Almost certain I was having heart problems multiple times, went to the ER to have a normal EKG and sent home.

Hopefully chat here will help!

Sounds like GAD(generalized Anxiety) he may recommend a therapist but if money is tight an ssri(zoloft, etc) med since they are in generic and cheap. Good news is that in general the later in life you get anxiety, the less serious in tends to be.
    Examine your life and stressors to help identify anything that can be bothering you down deep. Limit caffeine and alcohol until you're feeling a bit better. Alankay

Thank you so much for the replies. I am hoping this site helps me too, because I don't know what else to do. It's so overwhelming. And the worst thing is that my normal husband had a full blown panic attack today for the first time. I feel really guilty because I think his panic is because of mine.