Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

115 Ways to Reduce Anxiety

I'd like to suggest the book "115 Ways to Reduce Anxiety." It is available at Booklocker as well as Amazon.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I should add that I am the author. This book is the result of 21 years of my anxiety suffering -- going back to my first attack in high school history class -- and several years of various therapies.

In addition to covering the more well-known therapies, I also cover some lesser-known ones:

* Learning to express emotions (since anxiety, for some, is a kind of neurotic substitute for emotions, as I discovered)

* Learning a martial art

* Doing outdoor work

* Overcoming approval addiction

As a sufferer of generalized anxiety disorder and social phobia, I wrote this book to share some of what I have learned. Progress has been very good over the years, but there is still more to learn.

-- Mike Marcoe
    Author, "115 Ways to Reduce Anxiety." Available from Booklocker (
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ) and Amazon (
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    )

My Chair, My Living Room, My Flat, My Street, Louth, Lincolnshire, England, UK, Planet Earth.
    Why not publish a couple of articles here for free to help people under stand what you book is all about they can still see the book for the other 113 ways.

Cheers

Duncan
    In a mad world only the mad are sane

Akira Kurosawa

I think it would be easier to go to the Booklocker Website, type in the name of the book, and then go to the page it's on. There are 3 sample chapters there.

If you can't find it that way, just google the name of the book.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Author, "115 Ways to Reduce Anxiety." Available from Booklocker (
    ) and Amazon (
    )

haha but we are here! yeah i totally agree with you on how anxiety is a substitute for emotion. I only been dealing with it for about 6-7 months now. I have found this out when thinking of my stressors and the fact I either
    A. I had no thoughts about the stressors, no opinion of them. or
    B. Couldn't think about them for long.

Excellent resource

Great resource Mike!